Online posts show ISIS eyeing Mexican border, says law enforcement bulletin

foxnews.com/us/2014/08/29/online-posts-show-isis-eyeing-mexican-border-says-law-enforcment-bulletin/

< Social media chatter shows Islamic State militants are keenly aware of the porous U.S.-Mexico border, and are “expressing an increased interest” in crossing over to carry out a terrorist attack, according to a Texas law enforcement bulletin sent out this week.

“A review of ISIS social media messaging during the week ending August 26 shows that militants are expressing an increased interest in the notion that they could clandestinely infiltrate the southwest border of US, for terror attack,” warns the Texas Department of Public Safety “situational awareness” bulletin, obtained by FoxNews.com. >

Judicial Watch: Feds’ Bulletin Describes Threat of Imminent Terrorist Attack on Southern Border

nationalreview.com/corner/386694/judicial-watch-feds-bulletin-describes-threat-imminent-terrorist-attack-southern

See more articles at DRUDGEREPORT.COM

This is propaganda and fear mongering. :mad:

Not really. The Border Patrol has been finding an increasing number of prayer rugs and Korans left behind by fleeing illegals since 9-11. The US/Mexico border is a joke on the US side. :frowning:

I agree - this ISIS threat to everyone and everything world wide is getting a little out of hand! To say the least…

Terrorists have had more traction in Canada for some time now but “for some reason” we see all of the concern aimed at Mexican immigrants.

I wonder why that could be?

Any ideas around here??

If I were you I would do some research. The guys who did 9/11 came into the country to Canada. Mexico knows about these guys and they will stop them.

:thumbsup:

I see what you’re getting at and you are correct.

The Cartel wars in Mexico have killed an immense number of persons, 60,000 or so in the last several years. Some of the same brutal acts we see with ISIS, you see with the Cartels and the border is wide-open where thousands of persons cross in illegally.

If we’re paranoid, we aren’t alone.

Great Britain has all of that CCTV, close circuit TV everywhere so there, I think they can legitimately monitor new persons coming into their country to an extent, I mean the airports have all kinds of cameras set up. They say a good portion of those who went overseas to fight have returned already.

Agreed.

The signs in the border area in many of the crossing areas, desert areas are in English, Spanish and Chinese of all things. This tells you at the least, other people are coming in.

Signs up near Canada in English French and Chinese too?

am not sure of what you are saying but I think I may disagree.

The reason that attention through right wing sources is being pointed at the Mexican Border and not the Canadian border is due to the composition of immigrants from south of the border. They are more “scary” than those from Canada despite the fact that Islamic Terrorists have more traction in Canada (far more" than in Mexico.

Americans aren’t scared of people coming through Canada.

Hanging bodies from bridges and smuggling drugs and human trafficking doesn’t happen routinely in Canada either does it?

Edit On: In fact, bing or whatever is one’s preferred search engine, search for what I talked about above and Mexico, you see what it is like. I don’t mean to frown on any brothers or sisters here, the situation down there in parts is out of control.

True!

But groups like ISIS/ISIL are winning more converts in Canada than in the US, and certainly Mexico, so maybe folks should be concerned about the great white north.

Ringil and other members here have great posts, I always have to try to remember to feel blessed to read this forum for the most part.

Just think, Contraband has come across the border for years and years.

But it has also come across the Canadian border, I think especially during prohibition.

I am sure our Northern Border, Montana, Michigan, NY State are being watched on a higher state of alert. Certainly I would say there is a danger.

We are heading towards 911, one thing I do believe is when they say there is a “pick up” of chatter from terrorists though that doesn’t mean necessarily an imminent attack.

newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/04/23/alleged-canadian-terror-plot-raises-questions-about-train-security/ Terror plot that came from Canada was targeting train in New York.

Not to pick on just you.

John McCain says 9-11 terrorists came from Canada
ctvnews.ca/john-mccain-says-9-11-terrorists-came-from-canada-1.392480

"
The Canadian Press
Published Friday, April 24, 2009 5:29PM EDT

WASHINGTON - John McCain is the latest high-profile politician to repeat the diehard American falsehood that the 9-11 terrorists entered the United States through Canada.

Just days after Janet Napolitano, the U.S. homeland security secretary, sparked a diplomatic kerfuffle by suggesting the terrorists took a Canadian route to the U.S. eight years ago, McCain defended her by saying that, in fact, the former Arizona governor was correct.

“Well, some of the 9-11 hijackers did come through Canada, as you know,” McCain, last year’s Republican presidential candidate, said on Fox News on Friday.

The Arizona senator’s remarks prompted the Canadian embassy to immediately reissue remarks made earlier this week by Ambassador Michael Wilson, who reminded Americans once again that no 9-11 perpetrators came to the U.S. via Canada.

“Unfortunately, misconceptions arise on something as fundamental as where the 9-11 terrorists came from,” Wilson said.

“As the 9-11 Commission reported in July 2004, all of the 9-11 terrorists arrived in the U.S. from outside North America. They flew to major U.S. airports. They entered the U.S. with documents issued to them by the U.S. government. No 9-11 terrorists came from Canada.”
"

Now, yes, they are saying that these men didn’t cross from canada, but Mexico is not mentioned. Also the articles seems to be excluding Canada but at the same time it’s still keeping it’s eyes on Canada.

Here the same man, John McCain blames Canada.
ctvnews.ca/john-mccain-says-9-11-terrorists-came-from-canada-1.392480

Or its a warning, one that friends of mine on the border are taking to heart

The whole country needs to be on edge. Look what has been going on with people from minessotta going to fight for Isis.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.