Online virtual Rosary free software

Hi! I would like to show you my free software Multirosarium, a program to:

* Learn to pray the Holy Rosary, the Chaplet of The Divine Mercy, etc.
* Meditate on the Mysteries of the Rosary using beautiful icons
* Meditate on the Mysteries of the Rosary hearing Bible readings

http://multirosarium.com/img/windows.jpg

Multirosarium is a project intended to promote the use of software to aid the prayer of various rosaries. Through the use of images, sounds and graphical interface features, it gives the user a meditation learning and praying experience.

The English version needs some help from a native speaker.

Well that's neat! Good for you! :)

what do i do to help by puting it in english?

I might be able to help with the English

[quote="TantumErgo, post:4, topic:182164"]
I might be able to help with the English

[/quote]

pshh,
my English is way better...
lol
jk
jk
maybe,
idk

Thank you for taking time to help. We can improve the English version in three things:

1) Review the text labels for the program interface and rosary prayers. This includes things like the name of the buttons, the text for the prayers (Hail Mary, Our Father etc.) and the Bible readings. I have found many versions of the prayers and I don't know what is the correct for English locales. Maybe this is already accurate.

2) Review the text of website pages to match better with the location.

3) Record the audio for the prayers and readings. You'll need a microphone and goodwill :)

If anyone can to help, I will send all translation files for the labels, prayers and readings for review. To see what the text that need review looks like, have a look at this "properties" file at Sourceforge:

multirosarium.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/multirosarium/MultirosariumProject/MultirosariumApp/trunk/src/resource/text/rosary/TheHolyRosary_en_US.properties?revision=137&view=markup

Properties files consist of key=value pairs. For example:

HailMary-1=Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; ...

There are files for the texts of each Rosary. Currently there are three rosaries implemented, but in the future we can implement more. The Rosary that has more prayers is "The Holy Rosary", because there are Biblical readings and announces of the mysteries. All rosaries have common prayers ("Our Father", "Hail Mary" etc.).

I copied the texts of the Biblical readings from this Vatican page: vatican.va/special/rosary/documents/misteri_en.html (the top image has links). I hope some texts like these readings don't need review; but it is a good idea to review the prayers and the buttons.

A good place to look for a good version of the prayers is the Catechism of the Catholic Church. There is an English version online, but I do not know what is the "accent" in this version. It would be good to copy the texts of the prayers from a printed Catechism (I copied the Brazilian Portuguese prayers from mine).

After a review is made and the text is OK, we can think of recording the prayers and readings.

If you have any question, please let me know. Thank you for the English localization help! :D

:confused:

closed #8

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.