Only allowed to pray 1 novena?

Can we do multiple novenas to multiple saints at the same time?

I’m sure you can. Why?

It is up to you, there is no rule about that.
However, may God bless and hear your prayers according to His loving will.
May God grant you protection, guidance, and peace

1 Like

Of course. Why not?

I just want you to know that, I say sometimes two or three Novena at a time.

Heaven’s not like high school, where if you want to be friends with X, you can’t be friends with Y, too. :wink:

When I have something I want to seriously pray about, I try to figure out who the best intercessors I might approach might be. Sometimes there are patron saints with very broad appeal and a good track record of reliability in a wide variety of situations. Other times, there are very targeted patron saints for a very specific situation. And other times, you might make a broad appeal to a group-- such as asking for the intercession of the souls in Purgatory. There’s nothing wrong with approaching multiple intercessors on the same subject-- as Padre Pio put it, good luck with “turning Heaven upside-down with your request.” :thumbsup:

I usually have atleast 6 -7 Novenas going at a time.

I think there’s a limit to the number of concurrent novenas, something like 100,000.

Name: Kristine
Work: web design
Saying;“You know you are in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”

Yes its up to you! theres no limit about that …

Dear friend - please consider joining the effort below. Best wishes for a most blessed!

For those of you who do not know, the Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA) is set to be signed if congress passes it on January 21-22 of 2009. The FOCA is the next sad chapter in the book of abortion. If made a law, virtually all limitations on abortion will be lifted, which will result in the following:

1. All hospitals, including Catholic hospitals would be required to perform abortions upon request. If this were to happen, some U.S. Bishops have indicated they would consider closing down Catholic hospitals rather than perform abortions - more than 30% of all hospitals in the United States are Catholic.
  2. Partial birth abortions would be legal and have no limitations.
  3. All U.S. tax payers would be funding abortions.
  4. Parental notification will no longer be required.
  5. The number of abortions could increase by as much as 100,000 annually.
    Perhaps most importantly the government would then have control in the issue of abortion. This could result in a future amendment that would force women by law to have abortions in certain situations (down syndrome babies, etc) and could even regulate how many children a woman is allowed to have.
    Needless to say this information is disturbing, but sadly true. As Catholics, as Christians, as anyone who is against the killing of innocent children, we must stand as one. We must stop this horrific act before it becomes a law.
    The Plan :
    To say a novena (nine days of prayer ) along with fasting, starting on January 11th. For Catholics, the prayer of choice will be the rosary with intentions to stop the FOCA. For non Catholics, I would ask that you pray your strongest prayers with the same intentions, also for 9 consecutive days. The hope is that this will branch and blossom as to become a global effort with maximum impact. We have very little time so we all must act fast. Just do three things:
  6. Forward this letter on to five or more people
  7. Do it in three days or less
  8. Start the novena on January 11th and pray for nine consecutive days.
    (Please also fast for at least two days during the novena)
    Remember that with God all things are possible and the power of prayer is undeniable. If you are against the killing of defenseless children then the time is now to do something about it!
    Lord, may everything we do begin with Your inspiration and continue with Your help,
    so that all our prayers and works may begin in You and by You be happily ended.
    We ask this through Christ our Lord.
    Amen.

I would love to be a novena queen :byzsoc:

Maybe you could give me lessons :thumbsup:

What’s not been said here is anything authoritative from the Catechism of the Catholic Church. I was working my way through the 4th section of the CCC which is on prayer. I don’t remember anything about novenas.

Maybe somebody else can look this up before I have a chance to.

Novenas are beautiful and artful. They certainly teach us to persist in prayer. But, I don’t think anybody has to feel that other forms of sincere prayer aren’t as good as a novena.

:yup::yup:

Novenas, corporate prayer, prayer with beads, prayer without, inspired prayer, dry prayer, copied prayer, original prayer, silent prayer, vocal prayer, breath prayers, prayers set to music, or just sitting in the presence of God…

:byzsoc::highprayer::crossrc::gopray2::gopray::harp: :bowdown:

Its all good… Pray without ceasing!!

Hi Friends,

In my research for some of my ebooks, the pious priest Paul of Moll, was quoted (paraphrasing) that the saints are not jealous of each other…he advocated praying novenas to St. Benedict and St. Joseph at the same time for different intentions.

I don’t have the quote in front of me, but he was very clear…it is OK to have multiple novenas going at the same time.

stjoe4u2
catholicchurchsaints.com

hello

Hello yourself :slight_smile:

Dont be shy we dont bite :smiley: :wink:

Join in…

Do you like to pray a novena now and again?

Until I was a member of the forum I did not even know what a Novena was :confused:

Where every you are up to in your prayer life, we want to here what you hve to say :thumbsup:

Oh no maybe I need to pray for my poor little emoticons, one of them doesn’t look very well
:stretcher:

I currently am doing more than one!

…

:popcorn:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.