Only known film footage of Anne Frank

From The Guardian in the UK:

The only existing film images of Anne Frank have been loaded on to YouTube by Amsterdam museum the Anne Frank House.

The footage, from 1941, is the only time Anne has been captured on film. The 20-second footage uploaded to the museum’s recently launched Anne Frank Channel shows Anne’s neighbour on her wedding day. A 13-year-old Anne is seen nine seconds into the video, leaning out of a second-floor window to get a better look at the bride and groom. At the time of the wedding the bride-to-be lived at No 37 Merwedeplein, next door to the Franks at No 39.
guardian.co.uk/world/2009/oct/02/anne-frank-video-release-youtube

For anyone who goes to Amsterdam, a visit to the Anne Frank House is an absolute must. You can see her actual diary, photographs from before the war and interviews with people who knew her. Just to see those bare rooms and imagine 8 people living, hidden, in them for all that time was a most moving experience.

Thank you for posting this short video of Anne Frank. It reminds me to pray for all those who are victims of intolerance, especially the most innocent among us; our children.

her short life touched many. i am glad that we all can see this footage now. if i ever get to amsterdam, i would love to visit the house or museum.

7 Sorrows, the house is the museum and it is an amazing experience. The part of the house that was the ofices and warehouse is now the museum, then you pass through the doorway concealed by the bookcase and you find yourself in the small, cramped, dark rooms where they hid. It is really only once you have seen how narrow and crowded the Amsterdam houses are that you can understand how people could try to hide in a building in that way.

Another amazing sight was the “hidden church” (see photo) dating back to reformation days, this Catholic Church is concealed in the attic area of three adjoining houses. There is a confessional and a bed space for a priest also “hidden” in the house. It is still in limited use, including for weddings, as well as being a museum.
http://www.europestring.com/files/2008/02/img-93611.jpg

Victims of intolerance? They were victims of a mad, evil man bent on the destruction of a race.

thanks for the clarification. i hope someday to be able to visit there. the "hidden church"
is also very curious. i have never heard of that before. i guess people try their best in times of difficulties to keep what they hold sacred. thanks for the interesting facts! :slight_smile:

He wasn’t alone.

Sweet child of God, Anne Frank.

Thank you for this.

Indeed they were! Fortunately, not everyone is a victim of intolerance to such a degree. Not only do I pray for the victims of Hitler’s nightmare, but also for those who suffer from lesser degrees of bigotry.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.