Oops! Administration erred on health law sign-ups

news.yahoo.com/oops-administration-erred-health-law-sign-ups-190538101.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Obama administration acknowledged Thursday it has been over-reporting the number of people signed up under the health care law, a discrepancy that congressional Republicans seeking to repeal

Administration spokesman Aaron Albright said that the overcount involved about 400,000 people.

And the hits just keep on coming!

400,000 - how does that happen?

2 + 3 = 5 but written sloppily and someone thinks it’s a 9.

Rounding error.

Oh I’m sure it’s an honest mistake :rolleyes:

:rotfl:

Government efficiency at its finest.

More than 100,000 people submitted applications for new health insurance under Obamacare on the first day of the program’s second ever enrollment period, White House officials said.

The numbers, and limited reports of difficulty with the website, mark a staggering a turnaround for the trouble-plagued federal program — a development Health and Human Services Secretary Sylvia Mathews Burwell on Sunday said bodes well for the future of Obamacare.

“The vast majority of people coming to the site were able to get on and do what they were intending to do,” Burwell said on NBC’s "Meet the Press,” adding that more than 500,000 people had logged on to the site since Saturday.

nydailynews.com/news/politics/100-000-sign-obamacare-2nd-enrollment-period-article-1.2012744

Note that this is as of November 16, just one day after open enrollment opened on November 15.

Jim

Given their previous rounding error, I’d guess they are off by only 100,000. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

talk about fuzzy math!

It’s like the old accounting joke, “ask a 1st grader what 2+2 equals and the kid will answer ‘four’; ask an accountant and the reply is ‘what do you want it to be’”

Maybe they are counting all those people, like my son, who showed up to a meeting with the Obamacare people in order to see about signing up only to find no one on the government side showed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.