Open Protestants eyes with these "forever" liturgical commands of GOD

The below is a copy of a sheet that I hand out. I ask a random person do they read the Bible. Then if they say “yes” , then I ask have they ever read about the liturgical “forevers”. I have yet to hear one person say “yes”. I strongly recommend they read and study these litrugical “forevers” and hand them the sheet for review.

If a person states by chance they do not read the Bible, then I encourage they do giving my own testimony, and then I still hand them this sheet suggeting they study these “forevers”. God’s blessings to those meeting the call of the New Evangelization ::thumbsup:

BIBLICAL “FOREVER” COMMANDS OF WORSHIP

Does your Church meet the “forever” historical link all the way back to Judaism when Jesus Christ died on the cross, and from that point on until this very day celebrate every one of the following “forever” liturgical worship commands of GOD?

[LIST]
*] Passover Feast (Exodus 12:14, 24)
*] Day of Atonement (Leviticus 16:30-33)
*] Tabernacle Feast (Leviticus 23:41-42)
*] Unleavened Bread Feast (Exodus 12:17)
*] Tabernacle Candles (Leviticus 24:2-4)
*] Tabernacle Show Bread or Bread of the Presence (Leviticus 24:5-9)
*] Leviticus Priesthood (Exodus 29:7-9) Lineage from Judaism and Jesus Christ
*] Animal Sacrifice (Leviticus 7:36-38; Deuteronomy 12:26-28, Exodus 29:42) or the described fulfillment in John 1:29 and 1 Corinthians 5:7
*] Grain Offering (Leviticus 6:15-18; 23:13-14)
*] Incense Burning (Exodus 30:8)
*] Tabernacle Work (Numbers 18:22-23)
*] Priest Washing (Exodus 30:21)
*] Circumcision (Genesis 17:10-14)
[/LIST]
(Circumcision of the heart - Deuteronomy 30:1-6, Jeremiah 31:33, Acts 2:37)

[LIST]
*] Sabbath – the day our Risen Lord showed us what to do in Luke 24:27-35
[/LIST]

The Hebrew word “olam” or English “forever” was clearly understood by the Jewish people as they still are trying to obey Exodus 12:14 to this very day.

USING LOGIC, WE KNOW THESE OLD TESTAMENT “FOREVER” GOD COMMANDS IN SACRED SCRIPTURE CANNOT HAVE A 1500 YEAR GAP IN TIME, SO THIS RULES OUT EVERY CHRISTIAN CHURCH, BUT ONE.

WHICH ONE CHURCH FITS IN THE “FOREVER” HISTORICAL LINK, AND CONTINUES TO MEET THESE LITURGICAL “FOREVERS”?

TRUTH MATTERS – John 14:6 Jesus says “I am the way, the TRUTH, and the LIFE”

John 6:53-54 “Amen, Amen, I say to you, UNLESS you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, YOU DO NOT HAVE LIFE IN YOU. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood HAS ETERNAL LIFE”. How do these Jesus commands “fit” in the context of the “forever” Passover Feast celebration? Come to “the Church” and find out.

ALL HAS AND WILL “FOREVER” BE FULFILLED BY THE CATHOLIC CHURCH MASS

Interesting. Thank you! FWIW, my browser isn’t interpreting the symbol you’re using at the beginning of each line – it just has a simple box with a code number. Can you describe the symbol or give the name of it?

These are all pertaining to the law and we know that Jesus came and fulfilled the law. Past tense, done deal.

I have it in Word, copied and pasted, and the symbol was just an arrow pointing to each of the “forever” liturgical commands.

Not quite. Under that logic, we then are no longer bound by the 10 Commandments. Jesus came to fulfill the law, not to replace it. In this case, all the ritual laws (such as no pork, etc.) were fulfilled and so abolished; but all the spiritual laws (such as worshiping G_D and not lying) were fulfilled and carried over to the New Covenant. When we as Christians say we are not bound by the law, we mean we are not bound by ritual law; so we are no longer required by ritual law to practice circumcision, for example.

These “Forever Commands of Worship” have been fulfilled and carried over in new ways through our worship of Christ Jesus.

Ahhh… That explains it. Microsoft is evil, and the characters in your Word document could not simply be “carried over” to a holy place such as this forum. :eek: :wink:

Thanks! :thumbsup:

I think this handout would confuse me. It seems to say that the Catholic Church is the only one that continues the Jewish traditions. I think you meant they were carried over in a new way. I guess (?)

(Edited)

Jesus transformed the GOD commanded “forever” litugical Passover into the NEW PASSOVER in the upper room or “Last Supper”. Jesus became the “Lamb of GOD” John 1:29 or our “Pascal Lamb” 1 Corinthians 5:7. Just like in the original Passover the Hebrews/Jews were commanded to “eat the meat” Exodus Chapter 12. Likewise, Jesus commands us in all three Synoptic Gospels culminating in John 6:53-54 what we must do “to have ETERNAL LIFE” or for DEATH TO PASSOVER US.

The Catholic faith clearly understood the Hebrew word “olam” or English translation “forever” - just like the Jewish people who still try to this day celebrate the original Passover. There has been a continuos uninterrupted link between Judaism celebrating the old Passover, Jesus, and into the Catholic faith celebrating of the NEW PASSOVER per the way Jesus taught us. Catholics always have, are to continue this today, and will continue this “forever” liturgy command of GOD/Jesus.

Protestants do not celebrate all these “forevers” as liturgically commanded by GOD nor do they have the historical lineage to make any claims of an uninterrupted"forever". This Bible Study sheet makes them very aware of it. These liturgical “forevers” make it very clear to all CATHOLICISM IS THE ONE TRUE FAITH.

You state several commands in your post including the Sabbath. Therefore, by using your logic, The Sabbath should be celebrated Friday night into Saturday night and none of the prohibited activities of the Sabbath should be performed either:

1.Sowing
2.Plowing
3.Reaping
4.Binding sheaves
5.Threshing
6.Winnowing
7.Selecting
8.Grinding
9.Sifting
10.Kneading
11.Baking
12.Shearing wool
13.Washing wool
14.Beating wool
15.Dyeing wool
16.Spinning
17.Weaving
18.Making two loops
19.Weaving two threads
20.Separating two threads
21.Tying
22.Untying
23.Sewing two stitches
24.Tearing
25.Trapping
26.Slaughtering
27.Flaying
28.Salting meat
29.Curing hide
30.Scraping hide
31.Cutting hide up
32.Writing two letters
33.Erasing two letters
34.Building
35.Tearing a building down
36.Extinguishing a fire
37.Kindling a fire
38.Hitting with a hammer
39.Taking an object from the private domain to the public, or transporting an object in the public domain.

Are you by chance Seventh Day Adventist?

Jesus stated in Matthew 12:8 " For the Son of man is Lord of the Sabbath". What did the risen Lord show us what to do and on what day in Luke 24. Emphasis on 24:27-35. We are to break bread celebrating the Eucharist on Sunday. Throughout Acts what day are they “breaking bread”?

Are you by chance Seventh Day Adventist?

Jesus stated in Matthew 12:8 " For the Son of man is Lord of the Sabbath". What did the risen Lord show us what to do and on what day in Luke 24. Emphasis on 24:27-35. We are to break bread celebrating the Eucharist on Sunday. Throughout Acts what day are they “breaking bread”?

Remember, Hebrews 10:1 the law was but a “shadow”.

Re: the mass,

you could add this as well to your already well put together sheet. #7

Yes, thank you. I know it needs perfecting as it still is a rough draft I am sharing currently. I know there are others way more knowledgeable here than I am, so please help me perfect it. God’s blessings.

Re: “liturgical forevers”, & those OT passages you point to
[LIST]
*]sacrifice of the lamb (passover)
*]tabernacle
*]unleavened bread
*]incense
*]washing
*]Sabbath day
[/LIST]I would make the point, that by themselves, they are not the be all to end all. They are OT types and shadows that point to their NT sacramental fullfillment, of the mass and Eucharist established by Jesus. Then stress those passages from the NT that show the completion of those OT passages you refer to

This seems to me to reduce the gospel of Christ down to a set of superficial magical rituals. I think it will backfire on you and turn a lot of people off. Remember Jesus’ warning about proselytizing in Matt 23:15.

Pope Francis also warns you:

‘Don’t proselytize; respect others’ beliefs. “We can inspire others through witness so that one grows together in communicating. But the worst thing of all is religious proselytism, which paralyzes: ‘I am talking with you in order to persuade you,’ No. Each person dialogues, starting with his and her own identity. The church grows by attraction, not proselytizing,” the pope said.’ - catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/1403144.htm

I wholeheartedly agree it starts from within from our own personal conversion. And, let me answer with Scripture in Romans 10:14-16 "But how can they call on him in who they have not believed? And how can they believe in him of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone to preach? And how can people preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring the good news!”.

Is not making people aware they can receive in Mass the actual Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of Jesus Christ “good news”? By being silent are we obeying the word of GOD or those preaching “politcal correctness”? What has trying to be “politically correct” done to our Faith?

By asking leading questions, I am not disrespecting anyone’s beliefs. I am asking them to compare their faith to the Biblical “forevers”. Protestants will only respect the Bible. I am using Scripture to get people to think about their own church’s history AND liturgical ways. Further, to give the “good news” how the Catholic Church is the only Church that always has, does still today, and will fulfill and obey these “forever” commands. Sorry, the TRUTH does offend people at times. Just ask our Lord Jesus.

You also might want to track down the booklet that was issued when Mel Gibson’s “Passion Of the Christ” was released. It never occurred to me to think about some of the symbols used in the film, until I read excerpts from the book and realized that non-Catholics wouldn’t get the references to the Eucharist used in the film.

(Sorry, can’t help you with the title or anything like that, but someone here at CA or a Google search should help you track it down.)

I was not aware Mel had a booklet. Anyone have a link or a copy to share? Thanks for the tip.

I get what he’s going for here, using proselytism in the negative sense (using coercion or dishonest or improper means of persuasion) is wrong and other forms which the treat the person’s conversion as prize to be won, or a notch on a belt, often turn people off.

That being said, I don’t think talking with someone to persuade them of the truth because you love them is a bad thing–all the prophets, Jesus, the Apostles, and pretty much every non-cloistered Saint ever who has done this and done it fruitfully.

Confusion over this basic and fundamental point–that trying to persuade someone to convert and embrace the Catholic faith, is in general a good thing—unfortunately has become widespread, even among the clergy. So much so, that recently the Congregation of the Doctrine of the Faith had to issue an instruction on it. Here’s how it summed up the problem, but the whole thing is a good read (including the footnote on “proselytism”).

[quote=CDF]3. There is today, however, a growing confusion which leads many to leave the missionary command of the Lord unheard and ineffective (cf. Mt 28:19). Often it is maintained that any attempt to convince others on religious matters is a limitation of their freedom. From this perspective, it would only be legitimate to present one’s own ideas and to invite people to act according to their consciences, without aiming at their conversion to Christ and to the Catholic faith. It is enough, so they say, to help people to become more human or more faithful to their own religion; it is enough to build communities which strive for justice, freedom, peace and solidarity. Furthermore, some maintain that Christ should not be proclaimed to those who do not know him, nor should joining the Church be promoted, since it would also be possible to be saved without explicit knowledge of Christ and without formal incorporation in the Church.

In the face of these problems, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith has judged it necessary to publish the present Note. This document, which presupposes the entirety of Catholic doctrine on evangelization, as extensively treated in the teaching of Paul VI and John Paul II, is intended to clarify certain aspects of the relationship between the missionary command of the Lord and respect for the conscience and religious freedom of all people. It is an issue with important anthropological, ecclesiological and ecumenical implications.
[/quote]

The whole thing is here:
vatican.va/roman_curia/congregations/cfaith/documents/rc_con_cfaith_doc_20071203_nota-evangelizzazione_en.html#_ftnref49

The Pope is a human being like us all, so he is not immune from being confused or misunderstanding these things–but given his repeated praise of the exhortation Evangelii Nuntiandi of Paul VI (referenced in the quote above), I would assume he does understand it and he simply was put on the spot here and didn’t say what he should have, especially since this list misses some very obvious and fundamental “tips” for finding joy, such as that given by faith in Jesus.

Given what he has said on other occasions when he has had more time to prepare***, I would have to assume that he views the Catholic faith as being the ultimate and true source of joy, since it is the truth God has given us so that we may have eternal joy. I’m sure he would also agree that that one with true love in his heart could have no greater joy in this life, after having found that truth, to help another to embrace it as well.

***examples off the top of my head:

[quote=Pope Francis]“The encounter with the living Jesus, in the great family that is the Church, fills the heart with joy.” (Angelus 8/4/13)

"And that is the joy of the Church, that in this joy of being a bride becomes a mother. Paul VI said: the joy of the Church is precisely to evangelize, to go forth and to speak about her Spouse. And also to transmit that joy to the children that she bears, that she raises.” (Homily, 12/3/13)
[/quote]

As you can see, we the Church find joy in helping the Church to bring forth her new children, new members.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.