Operation American Spring to hit D.C. to oust Obama, Biden, Boehner, Holder

washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/14/operation-american-spring-hitting-dc-to-oust-obama/

You are aware that this group advocates the violent overthrow of the United States government? Is that a Catholic idea?

That depends on if the conditions for a moral revolution are met. At this point, I don’t think that is the case yet.

I’m fairly certain that there are more details about the conditions in the catechism.

As a Catholic the only party I can support is the American Solidarty Party. Based on Catholic Social Teaching. Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Pro-Worker.

Well I have to agree that I would like to see these same people out of office. I am not endorsing a violent takeover by any means but the people in charge right now need to go. Right now I don’t like republicans or democrats. But obama and holder and reid and pelosi and boehner don’t seem to be governing in a competent manner.

I will even admit, we are getting close to this being needed.

I think alot of people fail to recognize the US Constitution requires this to be done if certain conditions are met, it seems alot of people today are so content to just sit back and take whatever the Govt throws at them, no matter what it happens to be…they dont even think for themselves, they literally believe anything told to them as long as its a ‘credible’ news agency telling them…??? what has become of this nation?!!..sad…I bet our founding fathers are rolling in their graves due to people like this.

Do you really think things are that bad in America - are you for real. What sort of Right ring lunatic are you. While may have issues that you don’t agree with you have democracy. Your not Catholics/Christians in Syria or Sudan or Nigeria. Do you really think that Pope Francis would encourage to take this sort of view?

Tom Paine was right:

The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country

Too much rain and 10 million turn into 250 or so. Looks like they have a looong way to go, and they need a better weather forecast.

What a bunch or maroons.

rossum

This will not end well. I suppose DC jails are making room…

We have an election process. It’s not perfect, but it’s much better than in the Arab Spring countries.

A few hundred protesters showed up in DC for yesterday’s event.

“It’s a very dismal turnout,” said Jackie Milton, 61, a Jacksboro, Texas, resident and the head of Texans for Operation American Spring, to The Washington Times. He said hopes were high when he arrived in Alexandria, Va., a day or so ago and found motels and hotels were sold out for 30 miles around.

But weather’s dampened turnout a bit, he said.

“We were getting over two inches of rain in hour in parts of Virginia this morning,” Mr. Milton said. “Now it’s a nice sunny day. But this is a very poor turnout. It ain’t no millions. And it ain’t looking like there’s going to be millions. Hundreds is more like it.”
washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/16/operation-american-spring-falls-flat-very-disappoi/

So it was a peaceful protest? That’s good. I hope we never come to the point of desperation where violence is the only answer to solve our problems.

I wish, just once, we would evaluate cadidates based on character. The special interests have strangled our election process.

But this is exactly how the US was founded…we celebrate their violent acts of rebellion every July4th, everyone talks about how great and brave those people were back in the days of the nations founding, but funny thing is, if someone were to do the exact same thing today, they would be labeled domestic terrorists and arrested…??? LOL

If that is not true hypocrisy, I dont know what is!

So is it bad that I hope we never come to that point again?

Do you want another revolution?

No not another revolution, but this corrupt and dishonest administration is doing its best to destroy the values and traditions upon which this country was founded. I will be happy when they are all out of office and hopefully someone can get in who will help reverse the damage done by obama and his friends.

:yawn:

I think the official count was less than 100.

Yep, not many showed up.

It just goes to show how many people the Govt and mainstream media have brainwashed!

Govt LOVES people that dont ask too many questions, and just obey on command literally anything they are asked! HA HA HA I believe the founding fathers had a name for people like this, but I wont mention it here. lol

I’ve been to bigger funerals than this. I think this is the funeral for the Tea Party and it’s not a great send off.

I’m not aware of that. How do you know this?

:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.