Opinion from Catholics and non Catholics.

I just ran across this site and was wondering what everybody thought about it. I am especially wondering if there are any Non Catholics that agree with this site
jesus-is-savior.com/

I’m just glad the site has such very bad layout that it’s practically unreadable. :smiley:

It is not a good site. Here is a better one: www.ewtn.com

It is a HTML nightmare!

A few good things there, many bad things there.

I am good at research, the main site’s Registrant is: Domain Privacy Group, Inc., located at Markham, ON L3R 6G2 CA.

The soulwinning.info sections host is is David J Stewart, He has a billing/contact addy in Barrigada Guam complete with an overseas phone number. I have seen his name on other sites too where people make fun of him.

The site does not expire until 2011. Looks like a public domain as stated. Tons of other sites are linked there.

Which explains a lot of what I am reading. They are fundamentalists, which seems to be the only requirement, and I know they mean well but…half of this is junk.

I do not want to look any further actually, now that I recognize a few names there I want to get sick. I could tell you stories…

I am just saddened by the fact that the public education system failed these people so badly…

God bless

Run away from anything that has the name Jim Marrs attached to it.
marrs is a wacko.

Add the name Hyles to that list. Though he is dead now many churches across the USA still follow his teachings. Lots of scandal and most of it is true.

what a bunch of quack-quack WHACK jobs!!! I loved the site for it’s humorous ignorance, but I also shuddered in fear because these people vote. A few classic arguements they make are the IDOL ones, (WELL FIRST, you have to believe that the KJV is the only version you should use & is the one true bible you should use. SO, if you dont read english, and you’re french, then I’d say you have quite the problem & you’ll never be able to read the KJV. THAT reminds me of the claim the muslims made when the Koran came out, insisting that the Qu’ran is God’s final testament to the world. They also dont like statues, pictures, paintings, or stained glass windows EITHER. THAT being said, I happen to own the 1611 KJV, as well as the Douay-Rheims/Challoner version. (I have like fitty-million bibles & books on the church, it’s crazy) ANYWAY, the arguement over idolotry is very present in ANY protestant bible. I own 6 different versions or prot. bibles for comaprison… ANYWAY< in their bibles it says,

“Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.”
—Exodus 20:4

THIS is thumb in the side of Rome if you look carefully. Likeness in Heaven above. Yep. BUT if we look at Douay-Rheims/Challoner we see THE TRUE TRANSLATION and OLDER version “Thou shalt not make to thyself a graven thing, nor the likeness of any things, that are in heaven above, or that are in the earth beneath, or that abide in the waters under the earth.” Deut. 5:8 They match in exodus, but the change is apparent in deuteronomy. If you read it the way I read it, I take it as heaven meaning sky…because, it also talked about things on the earth, and things living in the sea. so, naturally we’re taqlking about critters. Hooves, wings, gills… Or we use the I SEE JESUS (eisegesis) approach, and take the muslim/protestant approach and say that we cannot make statues. I mean, seriously. What of the statue of liberty? How about of Nathan Hale? We have MANY statues in the eastern states, and they were ALL founded BY PROTESTANTS…I mean, the statue of liberty is a symbol of freedom. OH…A STATUE IS A SYMBOL??? yeah, it is!! and the Liberty Bell is a symbol of freedom as well. Don’t believe me??? once you go throught the security to go see it, you’ll feel like you’re about to board an airplane. SO, they needed an angle to attack catholicism & manipulated language to do so by printing their bible as such. ALSO, there’s John 3:16.

IMO… that’s not a good Protestant website. Here is a much better one which actually represents historic Protestantism.

monergism.com/

That site is hysterical!!!

Dude needs to step away from the Bong!!

I have encountered this site before. It is filled with as much hatred as it is with historical and factual errors. I think the author is some variety of Baptist off-shoot…though he will never admit that because he is part of the only true church that isn’t a denomination etc etc etc. He lambastes a lot of different denoms on there, not just Catholic…he even goes after small bible-only churches.
He is in my opinion, under demonic oppression or mentally very imbalanced. I feel sorry for any poor soul that comes into contact with him or his website and it drawn into his lying ways.

For God so loved the world, as to give his only begotten Son; that whosoever believeth in him, may not perish, but may have life everlasting. John 3:16, Douay-Rheims

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16 KJV

One seems a bit more presumtuous than the other. THIS is the presumption that if you believed then you were saved, which spawns once saved always saved, down the road. The presumption is the source of confidence in Christ. I mean, let;s break down the psyche… but not even the mighty KJV can wrap its head around THIS one which is almost identical to DRV and SHOWS the mentality of catholics in OUR view of salvation

“Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.”

Philippians 2:12 THIS is why when I read scripture, I read a church approved version, NAB, DRV, etc…because the protestant ones have been tainted, manipulated & butchered for the sake of making an arguement. If anyone owns the 1611 KJV, like I do, then you’re read in the preface how the 1611 KJV came out w. the catholic books because they believed the church was corrupt & can quote scripture & they wanted to be able to quote the same things as the church & be able to make an arguement. It’s RIGHT IN THERE!!!>…that is the purpose the 1611 KJV was intended for. I have learned a lot by reading this thing. I have read many versions of the bible, but for MY PERSONAL USE, I read my NAB because it’s easier, the DRV for reference in comparing scripture, because the translation is older, and my 1611 KJV for the sake of getting to the root of protestantism. Those are the only 3 bibles I need. I have a BUNCH, and I have narrowed it down to 3. SO, if you’re like me, & you get a case of the St. Jerome syndrome & have your nose in the books constantly, I recommend, a good NAB, the DOUAY-RHEIMS, and the 1611 KJV.

Because I recognized a few things I looked a little more into this.

It appears he is in chronic pain and has been so for a while, asking peeps to pray for him. I imagine that may contribute to his outlook.

Interesting their take on idolatry. Some they quote from were put on a Pedestal and idolized. Pastor worship, idol worship…mehhh…same thing.

I mean it was bad. A featured pastor that is quoted from, once proclaimed a follower of his who held a teaching position, the Greatest Biblical Scholar of their time.

That man went on to be a pastor and is now serving 114 years in prison.

I follow every single case that came from that cult/group. I’m not a child anymore.

Notice how they rip apart the NIV? One head of that movement is Gail Riplinger, she received her honorary doctorate from the pastor I eluded too. She lied about her past and credentials in her book.

I was amazed at how just seeing a few of the names there on that site could affect me. I was not kidding when I said I felt sick.

I believe those types are a contributing factor in the why I do not belong to any denomination.

I think websites like that are more humourous than anything. I’ve come across it before and just laughed at some of the things that were on it. What it seems like is that whoever runs it took every conspiracy theory on earth and mashed them all on to one page with links to his ramblings about why the Bible says the worlds going to end.

Do I believe Jesus is the only way to heaven? Yes.

Do I believe that the Pope is the Antichrist? Let me answer that with a passage from Melanchthon’s Treatise on the Power and Primacy of the Pope:

Now, it is manifest that the Roman pontiffs, with their adherents, defend [and practice] godless doctrines and godless services. And the marks [all the vices] of Antichrist plainly agree with the kingdom of the Pope and his adherents. For Paul, in describing Antichrist to the Thessalonians, calls him 2 Thess. 2, 3: an adversary of Christ, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he as God sits in the temple of God. He speaks therefore of one ruling in the Church, not of heathen kings, and he calls this one the adversary of Christ, because he will devise doctrine conflicting with the Gospel, and will assume to himself divine authority.

As one with a quia subscription to the Confessions, yes I believe that the Pope is the Antichrist.

That said, it’s still a terrible website, both in design and content. I don’t really know what the webmaster was going for there.

As one with a quia subscription to the Confessions, yes I believe that the Pope is the Antichrist.

With a little imagination and specious reasoning someone could make anyone out to be the anti-Christ. Biblically of course.

With Martin Luther’s beliefs on Mary, baptism and the Eucharist I bet a fundamentalist could make even Martin Luther out to be the Anti-Christ. In fact I have seen it from my Fundamentalist FIL.

So to your comment I say :shrug: I have been called worst in my line of work

God bless

Are you the Pope?

[quote=Nominefili]Now, it is manifest that the Roman pontiffs, with their adherents
[/quote]

Again, I have been called worst.

God bless

Wow, that’s insulting. But considering it has no basis in reality I’m not that concerned.

And, while he is quite insulting, he certainly doesn’t speak for all Lutherans for that matter either.

God bless you

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.