Orange County Lessons and Carols

Come to the Lessons and Carols event this Friday in Santa Ana

Bl. John Henry Newman Catholic Church, Orange County is hosting Advent Lessons and Carols on Friday, December 21, 2012 at 7:00 pm inside St. Joseph’s Catholic Church, Santa Ana, California.

Bl. John Henry Newman is a Catholic mission parish of the Personal Ordinariate of the Chair of S. Peter, worshiping according to the Anglican Use of the Roman Rite.

The parish schola, S. Cecilia’s Choir, together with the Tallis Chapel Society, our professional choir, will be singing, all directed by Dr. Sandra Fryling.

Music includes:
“O Magnum Mysterium” by Thomas Luis de Victoria
"The Lamb" by John Tavener

I will be there

Sounds like a nice evening. I wish I weren’t a thousand miles away.

BTW, Congratulations on your new bishop. He’s a music lover (and former organist) and a really nice man.

Bishop Vann has been a great supporter of the Ordinariate in Texas and I am sure they are sad to see him go. Archbishop Gomez, Los Angeles was also a great supporter of the Ordinariate and is now in Los Angeles.

I guess it is Texas’s loss and our gain. It appears that the Holy Spirit sees that California needs Godly Bishops, although Bishop Brown was also a wonderful Bishop.

Texas seems to be much less secular than California.

I wish I could attend Bl. Johns on Friday, however, we will be out of town.

God Bless

Bernadette

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.