Order of service for Papal Mass

Here is a link to the order of service for tomorrow's mass.

vatican.va/news_services/liturgy/libretti/2013/20130319_inizio-ministero-petrino.pdf

I shall be watching live on the BBC from 8am until 11am. So exciting!

Here is the order of service for the Papal Mass

vatican.va/news_services/liturgy/libretti/2013/20130319_inizio-ministero-petrino.pdf

I accidently posted this in Catholic news but think it would be better here. This will be a superb experience I am sure.

I’m going to have to record it. Thanks LL, this looks great!

I might have to do it over a Spanish network though. The English narrators usually talk over the speakers and Pope.

Excellent music.

[quote="ProVobis, post:3, topic:319172"]
The English narrators usually talk over the speakers and Pope.

[/quote]

Oh I can't stand that! That's the reason I never watch televised Papal Masses.

Similar to Pope Benedict's Inauguration.

I think Francis really wants to end the Great Schism. He's very Eastern and takes that from his days as the Ordinary for the non-Ukrainian Eastern Catholics in Argentina

I'd love more celebrations of the Divine Liturgy in St. Peter's (traditionally the Church of the Patriarch of Constantinople in Rome).

Benedict changed them to the Papal Basilicas, but traditionally they used to be known as the Patriarchal. as they represented the Pentarchy.

The Archbasilica of St. John Lateran is the Mother Church of Christendom and is the Holy Father's Cathedral.

St. Peter's was Constantinople.

St. Mary Major I believe was Antioch.

St. Paul Outside the Walls was Alexandria (might have mixed them up)

St. Lawrence outside the Walls was Jerusalem.

I noticed some elements of Eastern Liturgy that I’ve never seen before in the Roman Mass. Particularly this:

[quote=]Wisdom! Standing, let us listen to the Holy Gospel.
[/quote]

[quote="babochka, post:8, topic:319172"]
I noticed some elements of Eastern Liturgy that I've never seen before in the Roman Mass. Particularly this:

[/quote]

Interestingly, that's always been there, in the high Papal Masses, even pre Vatican II. The Greek Deacon always chanted the Gospel for all the coronations and everything.

I totally detest the English explanations. If you want a good, clean view, watch the Mass on the Vatican Player.

[quote="YoungTradCath, post:10, topic:319172"]
I totally detest the English explanations. If you want a good, clean view, watch the Mass on the Vatican Player.

[/quote]

Or on youtube several days later.

[quote="YoungTradCath, post:10, topic:319172"]

[/quote]

Catholic networks are best. There are complaints with regards the BBC over mangled translation.

youtube.com/watch?v=0ynercrRZNk

[quote="Santi2, post:12, topic:319172"]
Catholic networks are best. There are complaints with regards the BBC over mangled translation.

youtube.com/watch?v=0ynercrRZNk

[/quote]

Anything other than Latin shows a little bit of favoritism IMO. I don't recall too many complaints when JPII recited the rosary in Latin.

Did Pelosi and Biden take communion?

I heard the Pope will not be distributing communion at this Mass, is this true?

[quote="Jerok, post:15, topic:319172"]
I heard the Pope will not be distributing communion at this Mass, is this true?

[/quote]

Well, it's already happened....He distributed to the sanctuary party but no-one else.

[quote="MarcoPolo, post:14, topic:319172"]

[/quote]

That's what you are interested in?

I know many of us wanted him to refuse communion to pro-choice candidates. This was a nice way to not offend world leaders while not condoning their actions. Perhaps later he will write a decree on the subject.

[quote="MarcoPolo, post:14, topic:319172"]

[/quote]

Watching it on EWTN they did not focus on the dignitaries or who went up for communion (or not) thankfully! The Pope only distributed to those on the altar (deacons, servers, etc.) and did so by intinction.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.