Origin of life vs evolution. What do you think?

There are a few YEC and evolution threads going but they don’t seem to address this particular question.

A recent article suggests this:

Origin of Life On Earth: Scientists Unlock Mystery Of Molecular Machine
ScienceDaily (Mar. 1, 2009) — A major mystery about the origins of life has been resolved. According to a study published in the journal Nature, two Université de Montréal scientists have proposed a new theory for how a universal molecular machine, the ribosome, managed to self-assemble as a critical step in the genesis of all life on Earth.

From the simple to the complex

The key breakthrough came when he realized that the ribosome is organized by a set of simple structural rules and that it had to be assembled from basic building blocks in a very specific order; otherwise it would have fallen apart. He then showed with mathematical rigor that the construction of the ribosome likely followed an ordered series of steps to form the structure found in the first living cell. To this day, that structure exists almost unchanged in our own cells.

Chemists have been able to observe many examples of self-organizing behavior with simple molecules, yet explaining the complex self-assembly of biomolecules had not been so obvious.

sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/02/090219105324.htm

I can’t take you poll, because I could check off more than one of the choices.

Pick only one, or more than one. Or do you mean something else?

I dont see any conflict from any evolution theory and God the creator? The word of God spoke these into existance; what evolution defines is what God the creator put in place by his Living Word and evolution is the result from an action from the Creator. Evolution describes nature obeying the natural laws of God, to produce after its own seed. Evolution describes the reproduction of what God already created. The two do not conflict, only when man takes the mystery of God out of the equation of evolution makes himself a god from his self enlightenment of discovery that man begins to poison the seed of God creating himself “Frankenstien” thus immoral science such as embroyonic stem cell research. This is not to say all stem cell is immoral, only when man makes himself a god to kill an innocent life for another, but that is another story involving John 3:16.

So my poll vote would be other;
Peace be with you

I’m sorry, but what do you mean by ‘Origin of life’? Do you mean the origin of life through natural means[Abiogenesis], or the origin of life through supernatural means?
If the first one, which I think is what you meant, Evolution and Abiogenesis complement each other, there shouldn’t be a ‘vs’ in your title.

I think there is a ‘vs’ between them. The first choice seems to fit your view.

And a few other choices…please select all that apply to you.

I can’t vote… Maybe because I’m still new here?

How can abiogeneses be vs evolution? It doesn’t matter whether abiogenesis through natural means happened or not, evolution may have still occurred.

And as for my opinion well, I like biology and find evolution fascinating but don’t really tend to have solid opinions about it beside the fact that it occurred. It is one of the more dynamic theories in science and your new abiogenesis discovery is nothing more than one of the numerous explanations for the origin of life out there. Let’s face it, the evidence for the origin of life is destroyed, we’re either going to have to wait for a brilliant theory that explains everything and is better than all other abiogenesis theories or never get an answer at all.

We just have to keep looking. God gave us the instructions on how to live. When it comes to the mysteries of natural history, we have to use logic and reason to solve them. The Catholic Church has long held this view.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.