Original plan of salvation failed but turned to success

Hi, my son brought home a school-to-home paper some time back that spoke of how God's original plan to set up a church on earth failed and then changed to set up a spiritual church and how we can gain hope from this. Even from failures God can make successes. My question is my friend would like to read this for herself, but I no longer have the paper. Where in the teachings can I find a copy to share with her?

[quote="irintu, post:1, topic:182974"]
Hi, my son brought home a school-to-home paper some time back that spoke of how God's original plan to set up a church on earth failed and then changed to set up a spiritual church and how we can gain hope from this. Even from failures God can make successes. My question is my friend would like to read this for herself, but I no longer have the paper. Where in the teachings can I find a copy to share with her?

[/quote]

Where in what **teachings? Quite honestly, Catholic teaching shows nothing of the kind because God's original plan **didn't fail.

[quote="irintu, post:1, topic:182974"]

[/quote]

The teaching in the paper is an Anti-Catholic falsehood. It's a Protestant attempt to explain why it is that for the entire history of Christianity before the Reformation, Protestantism did not exist but Catholicism did.

The paper you've described directly contradicts Jesus' teaching that the gates of Hell would never prevail against the Church (Matt. 16:18). For in saying that God's original plan for the Church failed and then He established a new spiritual one, that paper is saying that the Gates of Hell prevailed against the Church for a time, something Jesus said would not happen. Indeed, it's saying that the Gates of Hell prevailed against the Church for one and a half millenia!!! :eek:

The paper also contradicts Jesus' teaching that the Holy Spirit would lead the Church into all truth (John 16:13). If the paper was right, Jesus should really have said, "The Holy Spirit will start to lead you into all truth, but He will stop right after the first generation of Christians has died and then for one and a half thousand years there will be an apostasy instead of a Church, and then the Holy Spirit will start a new Church and start to lead that into all truth, but that Church will have thousands of divisions as to what the truth is, and every generation those divisions will grow more and more numerous, but that is the Lord's mystical way of guiding the Church into all truth . . ."

Probably would have been simpler for Jesus to just say, "When you die and go to Heaven, you will know the truth." :D ;)

I certainly hope your son is not going to Catholic school because they are teaching heresy if they said this. make an appointment with his teacher to discuss this and find out what is really being taught. That particular claim calls Jesus a liar directly, as serious an error as one can make in teaching.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.