Original sin, Islam, and being made in God's image and likeness

In Catholism we believe we were made in the image and likeness of God. And we were intended to live in paridise with God, but because of the sin of Adam we are now born into sin (this is what original sin is basicly).

As far as my understanding goes Islam teaches that we were not made in the image and likeness of God and we are not born into sin as well (Correct me anyone if i am wrong up to this point). To me these seem like contradicing statements. If we were never born without sin that would seem that we WERE made in the image and likeness of God. And Because without original sin we would be born Imaculate. Please explain this to me.

Be careful when you use the phrase “image of God” around a Muslim. A lot of them see it only in terms of looking like God in a physical sense and think it’s blasphemous. I thought the context of the term was common sense until I had a Muslim friend tip me off to how they saw it, and I started to investigate further…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.