Orthodox and Anglican leaders from around the world meet in Buffalo

Nearly 30 religious leaders from around the world are in Buffalo for an annual meeting to discuss ecumenical relations between the Orthodox Church and the Anglican Church.
It marks the first time the International Commission for the Anglican-Orthodox Theological Dialogue is being held in the United States.
“It’s a great honor to have world leaders meet in Buffalo,” Christakis said. “More importantly, the relationship building is paramount to reinforcing similar goals within Christianity.”

buffalonews.com/life-arts/religion/orthodox-and-anglican-leaders-from-around-the-world-meet-in-buffalo-20150918

Whitch Anglican church?

The Anglican Communion.

anglicancommunion.org/relationships/ecumenical-dialogues/orthodox.aspx

Interesting. I didn’t realize they meet to dialogue on occasion.
I wonder what they talk about.

From GKC’s link:

The third phase of the dialogue began in 1989, when the commission was re-constituted as The International Commission for Anglican - Orthodox Theological Dialogue (ICAOTD) under the chairmanship of Metropolitan John of Pergamon and Bishop Henry Hill (succeeded in 1990 by Bishop Mark Dyer) and drawing together senior clergy and theologians from across the Eastern Orthodox Churches and the Anglican Communion. Its task has been to consider the doctrine of the Church in the light of the doctrine of the Trinity, and to examine the doctrine of the ordained ministry of the Church. Particular attention has been given to the question of who may be ordained to the presbyterate and episcopate. This third phase of the dialogue has given further consideration to ecclesiological issues discussed in earlier phases, and to aspects of Trinitarian doctrine. The fourth phase began in Crete in 2009, and has met in 2010 in Oxford, 2011 in Albania, 2012 in Chester, 2013 in Serbia, and 2014 in Jerusalem. The subject is Theological Anthropology.

It’s similar to the Anglican-Roman Catholic International Commission, in structure.

Some of their agreed-to statements and other reports are also linked there.

oh sorry. I thought the link was only about the Anglican Communion. I did not see the Orthodox at the end.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.