Orthodox vs Catholic Prophecy?

Hello, all. I’ve been reading up on the Great Chastisement, and was lead by curiosity to check out some orthodox prophecies. I saw just a bit; a great Tzar, all Christianity uniting to try and crush orthodoxy. In short, these two versions are vastly different from each other. I’ve still been researching into the whole Catholic vs Orthodox debate, so right now I’m extremely confused. Which is true, and which is false? It’ll be no simple answer for sure. Can anyone give me some insight?
Please and thank you.

Mark 12: 28 One of the scribes when he came forward and heard them disputing and saw how well he had answered them, asked him, “Which is the first of all the commandments?”

29 Jesus replied, “The first is this: ‘Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is Lord alone!

30 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength

31The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.

Peace

OP, we should all be promoting resumption of communion of the Catholic and Eastern Orthodox Churches, not imagining new divisions.

I’ve heard it argued quite convincingly that some of Pope Francis’ recent “confusing” actions - notably his words in Amoris Laetitia and his pursuing reunion with the SSPX despite having little patience with traditionals in general - are all aimed at some Orthodox-directed ecumenical master plan. I find the notion both amusing and disturbing. :slight_smile:

Understood! I was just curious, that’s all.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.