OSLO 2012 Freedom Forum (Woman & Islam).

Manal Al-Sharif (a Saudi brave woman) spoke a very important speech at recent OSLO 2012 freedom forum about Islam, woman, 911 attacks, freedom, and the true face of Islam regarding non-Muslims.

If you can read Arabic then you will see the curses she got in that YouTube comment section, I think her life will be in threat once she goes back to KSA, however, the only thing that Manal Al-Sharif is missing is JESUS, I think if someone introduce her to Christianity then she would know the answer for all women miseries in Islam.

The speech is in English (17 minutes):
youtube.com/watch?v=0PXXNK-3zQ4

She's one brave woman to stand up and speak. I hope others will follow her lead.

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't she voted as one of the top 100 influential people of Time magazine..?

I noticed on the video ratings that 3/4 of the votes were against the video and I'm sure they were all Saudi's.. :(

Thanks for sharing Sam.

Have you read anything by Brigitte Gabriel whom is Lebanese? She is Maronite
Christian, raised and living in, and during the Lebanese Civil War.

Some would consider her extreme, I consider her honest.

[quote="jakasaki, post:2, topic:284972"]
She's one brave woman to stand up and speak. I hope others will follow her lead.

[/quote]

AMEN.....

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't she voted as one of the top 100 influential people of Time magazine..?

Yes, I hope she does not give up and continue her search for the truth till she know Christianity one day........

I noticed on the video ratings that 3/4 of the votes were against the video and I'm sure they were all Saudi's.. :(

Unfortunately :sad_yes:....., if you read the Arabic comments, 99% are curses and cusses against her, and that was expected, Ishmael's descendent will not allow anyone to expose the true face of Islam easily.

Thanks for sharing Sam.

Bless you sister in Christ.

[quote="GaryTaylor, post:3, topic:284972"]
Have you read anything by Brigitte Gabriel whom is Lebanese? She is Maronite
Christian, raised and living in, and during the Lebanese Civil War.

Some would consider her extreme, I consider her honest.

[/quote]

Believe me someone has to come and live here in Arabian Peninsula with Ishmael's descendent just for one month to know the true extreme.........

Discrimination, racism, hatred, curses, corruption, etc..., all of that because of the people hearts..., and the only cure for that is to purify it with Christianity......

:dts:The reaction to Manal's speech:
"Instead of addressing the issues she put forward, they are arguing against her very right to speak. Instead of making Saudi Arabia a better place, they waste energy on criticizing and condemning anyone who dares to tell it like it is."
mideastposts.com/2012/05/manals-speech-three-lines-of-attack-by-saudis/

"But we shouldn't change lest the outside world know that we were wrong in the first place"

Thats some reasoning there!

[quote="GaryTaylor, post:7, topic:284972"]
"But we shouldn't change lest the outside world know that we were wrong in the first place"

[/quote]

No kidding!

Pope Benedict XVI should publicly consecrate Saudi Arabia and the other Gulf states to Jesus Christ and St. Mary in the hope of sparking a wave of mass conversions in the region by the former's grace and the latter's prayers.

[quote="GaryTaylor, post:7, topic:284972"]

[/quote]

;) or in other words: "Do not expose Islam in the first place"

[quote="Sam_777, post:9, topic:284972"]
;) or in other words: "Do not expose Islam in the first place"

[/quote]

Most ordinary non-Muslim people know exactly what Islam is all about. It is the politicians of the US, UK and the EU who are afraid to speak out.

[quote="Trebor135, post:8, topic:284972"]
No kidding!

Pope Benedict XVI should publicly consecrate Saudi Arabia and the other Gulf states to Jesus Christ and St. Mary in the hope of sparking a wave of mass conversions in the region by the former's grace and the latter's prayers.

[/quote]

It seems you are the one who is kidding :p........

Don't you know that Muhammed instructed Muslims to expel other religions from Arabian Peninsula in his authentic hadiths:

[Sahih Muslim, Book 019, Number 4366:]("http://www.cmje.org/religious-texts/hadith/muslim/019-smt.php")
".....I will expel the Jews and Christians from the Arabian Peninsula and will not leave any but Muslim."

[Sahih Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 59, Number 716:]("http://www.cmje.org/religious-texts/hadith/bukhari/059-sbt.php")
"....... He said, "Turn the pagans out of the 'Arabian Peninsula;............"

[quote="oldbrit2009, post:10, topic:284972"]
Most ordinary non-Muslim people know exactly what Islam is all about. It is the politicians of the US, UK and the EU who are afraid to speak out.

[/quote]

I agree with you, but sometimes they do speak, see for example this comment by the British conservative co-chair "Sayeeda Warsi":
guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/may/18/warsi-pakistani-men-white-girls-are-fair-game

[quote="Sam_777, post:11, topic:284972"]
It seems you are the one who is kidding :p........

[/quote]

There seems to have been a misunderstanding. By the phrase "No kidding!" I was expressing my agreement with the poster who reacted with amazement and disgust at the comments received by Manal al-Sharif. "No kidding!" is an interesting English idiom and I have no idea what the Arabic equivalent might be.

Don't you know that Muhammed instructed Muslims to expel other religions from Arabian Peninsula in his authentic hadiths:

I have indeed heard before that Muhammad told his followers not to let non-Muslims stay in the Arabian peninsula. Thanks for quoting these ahadith though.

I wonder how the Jewish minority in Yemen remained strong even into the twentieth century? (According to Wikipedia, there are less than four hundred remaining in the country now, unfortunately.)

I find the Arabic comments on that video rather sad.

[quote="Kouyate42, post:14, topic:284972"]
I find the Arabic comments on that video rather sad.

[/quote]

How come?

[quote="Sam_777, post:12, topic:284972"]
I agree with you, but sometimes they do speak, see for example this comment by the British conservative co-chair "Sayeeda Warsi":
guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/may/18/warsi-pakistani-men-white-girls-are-fair-game

[/quote]

A good observation, Sam. It was significant though, that it was a Muslim politician who said it. Imagine the out cry there would have been if a white non Muslim politician had said what Sayeeda Warsi said!

[quote="Trebor135, post:15, topic:284972"]

:rotfl:

[quote="Sam_777, post:17, topic:284972"]
:rotfl:

[/quote]

My Arabic is not at a level where I can read YouTube comments easily.

If you wish to translate the most egregious examples, you would certainly be doing us a favour. :)

[quote="Trebor135, post:18, topic:284972"]
My Arabic is not at a level where I can read YouTube comments easily.

If you wish to translate the most egregious examples, you would certainly be doing us a favour. :)

[/quote]

Trebor :),

I was laughing at the term "How come", I mean what do you expect of them to comment on her other than curses and cusses!, she spoke against their religion, against their system, against their well, so what do you expect from them other than worst words and worst comments...........

As for the translation, I suggest to use Goggle translate since some words are very low level.....

[quote="Sam_777, post:19, topic:284972"]
Trebor :),

I was laughing at the term "How come", I mean what do you expect of them to comment on her other than curses and cusses!, she spoke against their religion, against their system, against their well, so what do you expect from them other than worst words and worst comments...........

[/quote]

MarHaba ya Sam--I wouldn't expect to read intellectually astounding essays on YouTube, because most of those who comment there use mockery and insults, whether or not they are Muslim. :( And in my experience, at least eighty percent of the time, Islamic apologetics is about as strong as a feather in a hurricane.

As for the translation, I suggest to use Goggle translate since some words are very low level.....

Probably a good idea. :p

بركات.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.