Other Vocations

Besides priesthood & religious life, what are some jobs in the Catholic Church/Catholic Organizations?

I have been working in the same field for 10 years and find myself unfulfilled. The only time I am truly happy is when I am volunteering with my KofC council. The problem I run into is I can't seem to pay my earthly bills with volunteer work :shrug: (Although I know I am building up graces in our Heavenly home).

Just looking for Catholic job ideas for a 30 year old father of 3.

:shamrock2:
:knight1:
:irish1:
:knight2:

[quote="kcbk, post:1, topic:232100"]
Besides priesthood & religious life, what are some jobs in the Catholic Church/Catholic Organizations?

I have been working in the same field for 10 years and find myself unfulfilled. The only time I am truly happy is when I am volunteering with my KofC council. The problem I run into is I can't seem to pay my earthly bills with volunteer work :shrug: (Although I know I am building up graces in our Heavenly home).

Just looking for Catholic job ideas for a 30 year old father of 3.

:shamrock2:
:knight1:
:irish1:
:knight2:

[/quote]

Well without knowing your qualifications it's kind of hard to know for sure, but there are all sorts of paying jobs associated with running a parish (and school) from secretarial to maintenance. Teaching to Music director to Cafeteria workers to Business manager.

At the higher level (diocesan) ther are jobs relating to fundraising, to public relations, management of funds, of minstries etc. There may also be counciling jobs etc.

You might try looking at your Diocesan website for ideas

Something else you might want to consider is looking into some Opus Dei Programs. Opus Dei works to help people live their vocation in the world. Something along this line might help you find fulfillment by finding God and God's work in your daily tasks where you are now.

Hope this helps some

Peace
James

Well there is always things having to do with youth. You could even do these with your kids. Youth group, CCD, etc.
Good luck in your search!

Also, there are maintenance jobs as many of the churches maintain a a maintenance person and some type of administration group.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.