Ouchie! Left Behind.....

Rev. 22:18-19 “I warn everyone who hears the prophetic words in this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, and if anyone takes away from the words in this prophetic book, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city described in this book.”

I wonder if the authors of the “Left Behind” series bothered to read the final chapter of Revelation. If not, they could be in for a very unfortunate surprise. We should pray very hard for them!

[quote=sweetchuck]Rev. 22:18-19 “I warn everyone who hears the prophetic words in this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, and if anyone takes away from the words in this prophetic book, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city described in this book.”

I wonder if the authors of the “Left Behind” series bothered to read the final chapter of Revelation. If not, they could be in for a very unfortunate surprise. We should pray very hard for them!
[/quote]

Just a note of ‘context’ here, this verse only refers to the ONE book of Revelation and not the entire Bible. Revelation was written before we had a Bible. The Catholic Church added it to the Bible which is composed of a total and complete 73 Books.

[quote=Malachi4U]Just a note of ‘context’ here, this verse only refers to the ONE book of Revelation and not the entire Bible. Revelation was written before we had a Bible. The Catholic Church added it to the Bible which is composed of a total and complete 73 Books.
[/quote]

Yeah, I know. That’s what I was talking about. The Left Behind series is specifically about Revelation.

That’s pretty funny, if you look at it that way. I have shied away from those books as they seem a little off to me, my wife wanted to rent the movie, but it seems like a waste of time.

Before understanding my faith (Catholic). I had read the majority of these books. They made a lot of sense to me as someone who didn’t really understand (and still doesn’t to an extent). If nothing else the story is pretty interesting, but I have heard over and over that they are WAY off in terms of Catholic end times understanding.

[quote=sweetchuck]Yeah, I know. That’s what I was talking about. The Left Behind series is specifically about Revelation.
[/quote]

Actually, the series also borrows heavily from Daniel and Isaiah.

Bud Macfarlane’s Pierced By A Sword is much better, & his other two books are just as good. He really draws you into the characters. (www.catholicity.com) & they are free…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.