Ouija Board in Kindergarten

wisn.com/article/mom-wants-teacher-fired-for-using-ouija-board-with-kindergarten-students/8988879

There’s nothing supernatural about the Ouija board.

Hardly a harmless “game.”

Because Parker Brothers are infamous purveyors of the occult.

:slight_smile: I’ve said the exact same thing on another thread about Ouija boards. Prepare for the onslaught.

Indulging n practices of this sort and others’ is inviting demonic forces.The Catholic Church discourages us from such activities.

Even if you don’t believe that there is anything occult about a Ouija board… surely you can’t support using it with kindergartners? They were turning off the lights, asking spirits to talk to them, etc. The child in the story (whose mother complained) is now terrified to go to sleep, terrified of the dark, terrified to be alone. Most 5 year olds still believe in Santa, the Tooth Fairy, monsters under their bed… Turning off the classroom lights and telling scary stories about spirits? What early childhood educator could even begin to think that was appropriate?!

Agree!A sign of the times…:eek:

Use of the Ouija board in this manner is an occult practice, plain and simple. Pray for this demonically-influenced teacher and her innocent students.:signofcross:

Imagine the outrage from the radical left if she had read Bible stories to the kids…

More like prepare for Christ’s return…And prepare our immortal souls for our own deaths, which can come at any moment.

“Very quickly will there be an end of thee here; take heed therefore how it will be with thee in another world. To-day man is, and to-morrow he will be seen no more.”
The Imitation of Christ, ch. 23

Isn’t that the truth! What a sad commentary on our society that the Ouiji board is considered just harmless fun.Yet,bringing God into the classroom is an egregious act!:mad:

Ouija boards in Kindergarten; not a good idea. Isn’t there something far more appropriate or educational?

Have you not seen the Exorcist? :slight_smile:

2116 All forms of *divination *are to be rejected: recourse to Satan or demons, conjuring up the dead or other practices falsely supposed to “unveil” the future.48 Consulting horoscopes, astrology, palm reading, interpretation of omens and lots, the phenomena of clairvoyance, and recourse to mediums all conceal a desire for power over time, history, and, in the last analysis, other human beings, as well as a wish to conciliate hidden powers. They contradict the honor, respect, and loving fear that we owe to God alone.
2117 All practices of *magic *or sorcery, by which one attempts to tame occult powers, so as to place them at one’s service and have a supernatural power over others - even if this were for the sake of restoring their health - are gravely contrary to the virtue of religion. These practices are even more to be condemned when accompanied by the intention of harming someone, or when they have recourse to the intervention of demons. Wearing charms is also reprehensible. *Spiritism *often implies divination or magical practices; the Church for her part warns the faithful against it. Recourse to so-called traditional cures does not justify either the invocation of evil powers or the exploitation of another’s credulity.

Teacher had no business bringing the Ouija to school.

Nothing evil loves more than when it doesn’t have to work very hard, as the humans do the work for evil.

I’m not sure I believe in possessions, I’m on the fence.

The Catechism states the reason to be against things like Ouija is because they “conceal a desire for power over time, history, and, in the last analysis, other human beings, as well as a wish to conciliate hidden powers. They contradict the honor, respect, and loving fear that we owe to God alone.”

That reason is enough to be against these things, they are rooted in pride rather than humility. It doesn’t say that these things actually work, just that they are forbidden. Even if they don’t work, I agree they are unhealthy.

I wouldn’t be happy if this happened to a child of mine. Since the teacher apologized I wouldn’t make a stink about it. It was misguided, nothing more and I think she realizes it now. The responsible thing is to let the kid know that it’s just a game and is all fake and there’s nothing to be scared of.

I had horrible experience. Friends and I used it tried to summon a spirit and furnace next to us rumbled and flames shot out the side. We threw it away.

This is, strictly speaking, true, but you might have confused some people since you didn’t say what the Ouija board IS.

There IS something preternatural about the Ouija board.

When I was a little girl my cousin used to host seances. She was much older and when we would visit she’d gather the cousins and attempt to contact the dead. These things would petrify me, and leave me with an uneasy feeling for days. I was about 6 years old.

At that age (kindergarten) kids should be reassured that it was a game, they didn’t do anything wrong. I wish someone would have noticed my cousin having these seances. I shouldn’t have been exposed to that.

Are ouija boards harmless?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.