Ouija board medium now gets messages from god, is this possible?

Im curious to know, the thoughts on this. First, I will give you some back history and then I will ask my questions.

There was a woman on youtube who would post videos of herself using the ouija board. She had videos on how to use it, videos of her contacting spirits and videos of her contacting passed relatives for people who requested them. She claimed that she is a medium that has been using the board for 19 years, the board is a tool and is not evil and that she used the board for good ect…

So, about sometime in April, she closed her ouija account out, opened a new account and claimed that god spoke to her and she is a prophetess now. But, she no longer uses the word prophetess since someone pointed out that she shouldn’t call herself that. She now calls herself a messenger of god. She said that a demon came to her and tried to get her to “sell” her soul towards the end of the ouija career and in return to become rich and famous. Anyway, she refused and now god speaks to her, and she relays his messages back to people. She threw out all her ouija boards and now says the board is bad. There is more detail but I want to try to keep this short as possible.

She created a new youtube acct telling what god says to her but closed it out, now she only posts on FB. She also had a ouija FB acct but no longer posts on there since May.

I definitely have an open mind that she really became a messenger but a few things caught my attention that makes me question that so I was hoping maybe someone can give me their thoughts on whether or not she is genuine.

Keep in mind that this revelation that she is a messenger for god happened to her in April

May 6th: her very last post for her ouija FB acct said (this is a copy and paste of her exact text)

• " hey one thought u should know i’m possessed… good bye"*

First question:? Could it mean that she meant she is possessed by the holy spirit? If so, wouldn’t she have worded it differently? Can the holy spirit actually possess someone? Could it be a poor choice of wording on her part?

On Wednesday this week she wrote on her FB page (copy and paste of her text):
Spirits Contacted Me Today!! Here are the names they gave me of their loved ones that are still alive, that want to speak with! If you know someone friend or family that has the names listed below, and has lost a deceased loved ones (doesn’t matter if it was 20 years ago, 10 years ago, 5 years ago, 3 days ago, 2 days ago,) doesn’t matter you deceased loved one has a message for you, so like i said if know anyone with these names that have lost a deceased loved one please contact me with name, and number send it to inbox!! Names Of The Living: Abby(<<<<either Abbie), Priscilla, Paul, Daniel, Joey, Drew, Thomas, Lil(<<<< i suppose it is short for Lily or something), Fredrick, Salvador (<<<Sal for short), Anna ( Or Ana), Sandra. Will (<<<Willy). Paul, Alexander. Again let me know if you know anyone of these names let them know their loved one has message from them!! :smiley:

Second question: Now, from my understanding, I thought god didn’t want us to communicate with the dead? So, if that’s the case, then wouldn’t her post basically prove she isn’t a messenger of god ?

I don’t know but knowing all of this, what is your opinion? Could she really getting messages from god? Could she possibly really be possessed? Could she have just had some sort of breakdown? Could she just be fabricating a story? I believe that she really believes in what she is saying, so I don’t think she is lying but that doesn’t mean she really is or isn’t talking to god. I am trying to figure the answer to that out, this is why I am writing here today.

Thank you !

My advice is to RUN!! Do not watch any more of her videos. If I were you, I would go to Confession, b/c it sounds to me as though you might have become confused from watching and reading all her videos/posts. You are starting to wonder if she is a "real" prophetess...and my opinion is that you are in danger. NO, we are NOT to invoke the dead, we are not to use ouija boards, and we are not to follow "prophets". Everything we need to know has already been revealed to us. Any (approved by the Church) visions only AFFIRM what has already been revealed to us through scripture and through prophets of old. This lady cannot fool around with the ouija board, then burn it and be "free" of evil influence, and then suddenly receive visions from God. They are NOT from God. This woman needs both professional and spiritual help in my opinion.

Don’t watch the videos – she may very well be getting messages (but not from the Triune God).

My thoughts on this? Ouija boards are a bunch of nonsense. They don't actually do anything. They are a novelty.

[quote="Veronica97, post:2, topic:285000"]
My advice is to RUN!! Do not watch any more of her videos. If I were you, I would go to Confession, b/c it sounds to me as though you might have become confused from watching and reading all her videos/posts. You are starting to wonder if she is a "real" prophetess...and my opinion is that you are in danger. NO, we are NOT to invoke the dead, we are not to use ouija boards, and we are not to follow "prophets". Everything we need to know has already been revealed to us. Any (approved by the Church) visions only AFFIRM what has already been revealed to us through scripture and through prophets of old. This lady cannot fool around with the ouija board, then burn it and be "free" of evil influence, and then suddenly receive visions from God. They are NOT from God. This woman needs both professional and spiritual help in my opinion.

[/quote]

This. Run, run as fast as you can.

Yes she could possibly really be possessed! And no it is not the Holy Spirit!

Read An Exorcist Tells His Story. Ouija boards are dangerous1 they are known by exorcists to open a person to possession by evil spirits. Don't watch this stuff anymore!

Please look to Deuteronomy 1 and Samuel chapter 28:

The bible is quite clear about doing an "End run" around God to find out any info relating to the afterlife. Please see the references I have pasted below.

Peace and God Bless,

Jack Handy

9 "When you come into the land which the LORD, your God, is giving you, you shall not learn to imitate the abominations of the peoples there.
10 Let there not be found among you anyone who immolates his son or daughter in the fire, nor a fortune-teller, soothsayer, charmer, diviner,

11 or caster of spells, nor one who consults ghosts and spirits or seeks oracles from the dead.

12 Anyone who does such things is an abomination to the LORD, and because of such abominations the LORD, your God, is driving these nations out of your way.**

13 You, however, must be altogether sincere toward the LORD, your God.

*14 Though these nations whom you are to dispossess listen to their soothsayers and fortune-tellers, the LORD, your God, will not permit you to do so. *

5 When Saul saw the camp of the Philistines, he was dismayed and lost heart completely.**
6 He therefore consulted the LORD; but the LORD gave no answer, whether in dreams or by the Urim or through prophets.**

7 Then Saul said to his servants, "Find me a woman who is a medium, to whom I can go to seek counsel through her." His servants answered him, "There is a woman in Endor who is a medium."

8 So he disguised himself, putting on other clothes, and set out with two companions. They came to the woman by night, and Saul said to her, "Tell my fortune through a ghost; conjure up for me the one I ask you to."

9 But the woman answered him, "You are surely aware of what Saul has done, in driving the mediums and fortune-tellers out of the land. Why, then, are you laying snares for my life, to have me killed?"

10 But Saul swore to her by the LORD, "As the LORD lives, you shall incur no blame for this."

11 Then the woman asked him, "Whom do you want me to conjure up?" and he answered, "Samuel."

12 When the woman saw Samuel, she shrieked at the top of her voice and said to Saul, "Why have you deceived me? You are Saul!"

13 But the king said to her, "Have no fear. What do you see?" The woman answered Saul, "I see a preternatural being rising from the earth."

14 "What does he look like?" asked Saul. And she replied, "It is an old man who is rising, clothed in a mantle." Saul knew that it was Samuel, and so he bowed face to the ground in homage.

15 Samuel then said to Saul, "Why do you disturb me by conjuring me up?" Saul replied: "I am in great straits, for the Philistines are waging war against me and God has abandoned me. Since he no longer answers me through prophets or in dreams, I have called you to tell me what I should do."

16 To this Samuel said: "But why do you ask me, if the LORD has abandoned you and is with your neighbor?

What the others have said, with the exception of the 3rd post. Disassociate yourself and your mind from this stuff, find some good spiritual reading - the Bible, the Catechism, Lives of the Saints, etc. Go to Confession and discuss the matter with a priest - perhaps you didn't mean to sin but just got overly fascinated with this stuff, still it's good to get the graces of the Sacrament for the spiritual battles we all face. Pray the St. Michael prayer often.

It sounds to me like the lady might have realized she was getting in too deep and/or being deceived, then when she tried to make a change, she got pulled in even deeper. Remember the Father of Lies/Prince of Darkness doesn't fight fair. She may be mentally unstable or under demonic influence or a combination of both.

Which brings me to my final suggestion - pray the St. Michael prayer for her also! This could bring good out of a bad situation, if you are the person who prays for her and it leads to God's healing in her spirit and in her life.

[quote="Sunlight, post:1, topic:285000"]

I don't know but knowing all of this, what is your opinion? Could she really getting messages from god? Could she possibly really be possessed? Could she have just had some sort of breakdown? Could she just be fabricating a story? I believe that she really believes in what she is saying, so I don't think she is lying but that doesn't mean she really is or isn't talking to god. I am trying to figure the answer to that out, this is why I am writing here today.

Thank you !

[/quote]

No, she is not getting messages from God.

Yes, she could really be possessed, but it is more likely that she is just switching her scam technique.

Yes, she could be mentally ill.

Yes, she could be making all of it up (the most likely case, in fact).

Whichever it is, none of what she is doing can benefit you in ANY WAY. So I, like the others who have commented, am going to advise you to STOP watching these videos immediately.

They really are!

I bought one and, unfortunately for my $20, nothing happened.
Maybe you have to “believe” for it to work – or have another person. :shrug:

I chunked it – maybe I am too cynical, lol.

[quote="Marchmain1987, post:10, topic:285000"]
They really are!

I bought one and, unfortunately for my $20, nothing happened.
Maybe you have to “believe” for it to work – or have another person. :shrug:

I chunked it – maybe I am too cynical, lol.

[/quote]

When you say "believe" it might be more accurate to say "pretend", "have an overactive imagination" or "be &$&$*# crazy."

Ouija boards don't... do... ANYTHING. As with psychics, there are plenty of anecdotal stories but no proof.

[quote="VeritasLuxMea, post:11, topic:285000"]
When you say "believe" it might be more accurate to say "pretend", "have an overactive imagination" or "be &$&$*# crazy."

Ouija boards don't... do... ANYTHING. As with psychics, there are plenty of anecdotal stories but no proof.

[/quote]

:D

Don't tell that to my spirit guide. :p

All this hocus pocus is silly. :thumbsup:

[quote="littlenothing, post:6, topic:285000"]
Yes she could possibly really be possessed! And no it is not the Holy Spirit!

Read An Exorcist Tells His Story. Ouija boards are dangerous1 they are known by exorcists to open a person to possession by evil spirits. Don't watch this stuff anymore!

[/quote]

I read the book too. It is true Ouija boards open doors for evil, this has been said by exorcists in their experiences with the possessed.

Don't watch anymore of her stuff or read anymore of it.

Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
by the Divine Power of God -
cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.
I pray for this woman, so that Christ may save her.

Im curious to know, the thoughts on this. First, I will give you some back history and then I will ask my questions.

I definitely have an open mind that she really became a messenger but a few things caught my attention that makes me question that so I was hoping maybe someone can give me their thoughts on whether or not she is genuine.

As others have said.....RUN....RUN....RUN........away from her as far as you can.

She is not genuine. As others have said...go to confession, receive the Eucharist...and pray the Rosary. Demons tremble in the sight of the Virgin Mary.

Read this link..the prologue to the book The Rite......stgemmagalgani.com/2009/05/exorcisms-intercession-of-st-gemma.html

Ask for the help of St. Gemma Galgani.

Keep in mind that this revelation that she is a messenger for god happened to her in April

May 6th: her very last post for her ouija FB acct said (this is a copy and paste of her exact text)
* " hey one thought u should know i'm possessed.. good bye"*

She has most likely been possessed or obsessed by demons...since as you said, she has been using the quija boars for several years.

First question:? Could it mean that she meant she is possessed by the holy spirit? If so, wouldn't she have worded it differently? Can the holy spirit actually possess someone? Could it be a poor choice of wording on her part?

There have been no cases of the HS possessing anyone. In any case, if it was the HS, she would be in a trance and would be praying.

Demons do possess....and there is Biblical evidence...and evidence today also...that is why the Church has exorcists.

Watch this video.....youtube.com/watch?v=dDgoNlOn-hk

Second question: Now, from my understanding, I thought god didn't want us to communicate with the dead? So, if that's the case, then wouldn't her post basically prove she isn't a messenger of god ?

Correct...she is not a messenger of God.

I don't know but knowing all of this, what is your opinion? Could she really getting messages from god? Could she possibly really be possessed? Could she have just had some sort of breakdown? Could she just be fabricating a story? I believe that she really believes in what she is saying, so I don't think she is lying but that doesn't mean she really is or isn't talking to god. I am trying to figure the answer to that out, this is why I am writing here today.

Thank you !

Apply this passage.......from the Apostle John......1John 4.....6 We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit[a] of truth and the spirit of falsehood.

She has disobeyed...and persisted in her disobedience...so is she from God or not?

[/quote]

[quote="VeritasLuxMea, post:11, topic:285000"]

[/quote]

I think it's against the forum rules to substitute characters for curse words. The only reason I know that is from poking around wondering what caused me to go on moderated status the other night (of course it wasn't me at all). Just thought you might like to know.

God would not work that way.

a Quija board? no way

only evil would stoop that low.

No good can come from following this person. Sounds to me like this person is confused and leading her followers to all the wrong places.

For the sake of argument, even if she was communicating with God, can she really tell you anything that you can't get from the Church, the Bible, the Sacraments, or Prayer. I would turn to these options for approaching God, not some lady involved with the occult. These are the means God gave us to communicate with Him, not ouija boards.

God bless

There was a woman on youtube who would post videos of herself using the ouija board. She had videos on how to use it, videos of her contacting spirits and videos of her contacting passed relatives for people who requested them. She claimed that she is a medium that has been using the board for 19 years, the board is a tool and is not evil and that she used the board for good ect.....

So, about sometime in April, she closed her ouija account out, opened a new account and claimed that god spoke to her and she is a prophetess now. But, she no longer uses the word prophetess since someone pointed out that she shouldn't call herself that. She now calls herself a messenger of god. She said that a demon came to her and tried to get her to "sell" her soul towards the end of the ouija career and in return to become rich and famous. Anyway, she refused and now god speaks to her, and she relays his messages back to people. She threw out all her ouija boards and now says the board is bad. There is more detail but I want to try to keep this short as possible.

She created a new youtube acct telling what god says to her but closed it out, now she only posts on FB. She also had a ouija FB acct but no longer posts on there since May.

* " hey one thought u should know i'm possessed.. good bye"*

First question:? Could it mean that she meant she is possessed by the holy spirit? If so, wouldn't she have worded it differently? Can the holy spirit actually possess someone? Could it be a poor choice of wording on her part?

On Wednesday this week she wrote on her FB page (copy and paste of her text):
Spirits Contacted Me Today!! Here are the names they gave me of their loved ones that are still alive, that want to speak with! If you know someone friend or family that has the names listed below, and has lost a deceased loved ones (doesn't matter if it was 20 years ago, 10 years ago, 5 years ago, 3 days ago, 2 days ago,) doesn't matter you deceased loved one has a message for you, so like i said if know anyone with these names that have lost a deceased loved one please contact me with name, and number send it to inbox!! Names Of The Living: Abby(<<<<either Abbie), Priscilla, Paul, Daniel, Joey, Drew, Thomas, Lil(<<<< i suppose it is short for Lily or something), Fredrick, Salvador (<<<Sal for short), Anna ( Or Ana), Sandra. Will (<<<Willy). Paul, Alexander. Again let me know if you know anyone of these names let them know their loved one has message from them!! :D

Second question: Now, from my understanding, I thought god didn't want us to communicate with the dead? So, if that's the case, then wouldn't her post basically prove she isn't a messenger of god ?

Thank you !

[/quote]

1) If she was truly possessed by the Holy Spirit, she wouldn't make light of it.

2) The fact that she still invites others to come to her for messages from the dead means she has not yet been convicted by the Holy Spirit (shown the wickedness of what she is doing), and that can only mean that she is NOT possessed by the Holy Spirit (or wasn't at the time that she posted that public invitation to others).

3) If she was really getting messages from God, she would want to reach MORE people, not less (in regards to her only posting on facebook now).

[quote="TheRealJuliane, post:15, topic:285000"]
I think it's against the forum rules to substitute characters for curse words. The only reason I know that is from poking around wondering what caused me to go on moderated status the other night (of course it wasn't me at all). Just thought you might like to know.

[/quote]

I thought that applied only to cases where the curse intended is obvious, so it's like you're saying the curse without actually saying it. I thought a bunch of squiggly marks was OK to indicate frustration.

Thanks for letting me know. :thumbsup:

This topic definitely gets me worked up. There are so many charlatans and con-artists out there. And furthermore, in many cases, it's so easy to convince people using entirely natural methods. I feel for the victims of such trickery. Granted, sometimes the trickster is tricking themselves, too.

I appreciate your courage of revealing to us such things. I advise you to read well our friends' posts on your case, understand them, trust them and take action. Let your knowledge of Ouija board guide you well and be a missionary to those who are about to be or trapped in it.Now you know that Ouija board will do no good to you but destruction, thank God to know this, now take action. AWAY FROM IT AND THOSE INVOLVED IN IT.

Thanks
Gaspar

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.