Our 'humanity' and God

How does our human-ness affect our relationship with God? Does God hate us if we get emotional, or is he angered if we are upset and feel betrayed by him?
Does it offend him if we tell him that we are angry with Him, or even tell him we hate him in moments when we are overcome by our emotions?
What if deep down a person loves him beyond words but tells him that they are upset and feel abandoned and betrayed by him? What if they yell at him or temporarily believe he is evil and hateful?
Does God’s love continue? Is it suspended for a brief moment? Is human grief and sorrow a sin? Does God have abounding compassion that humans are weak when they are deeply hurt?
Is God’s glory more important than we are? Does our humanity and our actions really affect God’s glory in any way?
Does God understand what it is to be human and to be in pain? If he does wouldn’t that stir empathy in Him? Doesn’t empathy stir compassion? Is the eternal glory and plan more important than real living creatures with real feeling souls who are in misery?

I’d like to hear anyone’s opinion or answer to this. To avoid confusion, could you please state what religion you are(if you want), so I can see what the catholic opinion is v other religions opinions.
Thanks.

Yes !!! :slight_smile: - This is one of the reasons for the Incarnation & the Passion - the crucified Christ shows the Heart of His Father. This is v. important: there is no “disagreement” within God, as though the Father were vengeful & angry, the Son kind & merciful: the “attitude” of One is the same as that of the Other. The Son is human, totally - He is “God-with-us” in every way: not a God Who is safe on the sidelines, but a God Who knows from His own experience as man what it is to be “one of us”; see Hebrews 4 on this :slight_smile:

Doesn’t empathy stir compassion? Is the eternal glory and plan more important than real living creatures with real feeling souls who are in misery?

I’d like to hear anyone’s opinion or answer to this. To avoid confusion, could you please state what religion you are(if you want), so I can see what the catholic opinion is v other religions opinions.
Thanks.

God’s love is totally, unambiguously, unconditional :slight_smile: It is unfailing, constant, for each one of us, is not turned aside by sin or faitlessness or rebellion or weakness, does not cease. In short, it is not affected by us or by any creature - IOW, it is totally, totally gracious; it is not earned, ever, but is freely, self-sacrificingly, poured out.

There is no “catch”, there is no “small print” that allows God to impose conditions retrospectively, no cheating or guile that lets Him renege. God is honest, not a deceiver. And to show what He is really like, He has given us His Son, & in Him, everything else.

Hope that helps

(BTW, I’m RC)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.