Our lady of fatima, 1917-2017 – why 100 years matters

**OUR LADY OF FATIMA, 1917-2017 – WHY 100 YEARS MATTERS **

by Fr. Richard Heilman
romancatholicman.com/our-lady-of-fatima-1917-2017-why-100-years-matters/

Pope Leo XII’s Vision of Satan telling Jesus "I can Destroy Your Church"

… on October 13, 1884, Pope Leo XIII had a remarkable vision. When the aged Pontiff had finished celebrating Mass in his private Vatican Chapel, attended by a few Cardinals and members of the Vatican staff, he suddenly stopped at the foot of the altar. He stood there for about 10 minutes, as if in a trance, his face ashen white. Then, going immediately from the Chapel to his office, he composed the prayer to St. Michael, with instructions it be said after all Low Masses everywhere.

When asked what had happened, he explained that, as he was about to leave the foot of the altar, he suddenly heard voices – two voices, one kind and gentle, the other guttural and harsh. They seemed to come from near the tabernacle. As he listened, he heard the following conversation:

The guttural voice, the voice of Satan in his pride, boasted to Our Lord: “I can destroy your Church.”

The gentle voice of Our Lord: “You can? Then go ahead and do so.”

Satan: “To do so, I need more time and more power.”

Our Lord: “How much time? How much power?”

Satan: “75 to 100 years, and a greater power over those who will give themselves over to my service.”

Our Lord: “You have the time, you will have the power. Do with them what you will.”

**33 YEARS LATER (At Fatima, Portugal 1017)
May 13, 1917, the children were pasturing their flock as usual … when suddenly a bright shaft of light pierced the air. The lady spoke to them and said: “Fear not! I will not harm you.” “Where are you from?” the children asked. “I am from heaven” the beautiful lady replied, gently raising her hand towards the distant horizon. “What do you want of me?”, Lucia asked. ” I came to ask you to come here for six consecutive months, on the thirteenth day, at this same hour. I will tell you later who I am and what I want.”

It was Mary’s final appearance, on Oct. 13, 1917 (exactly 33 years, to the day, after Pope Leo XIII’s vision), that became the most famous.

An estimated 70,000 people were in attendance at the site, anticipating the Virgin’s final visit and with many fully expecting that she would work a great miracle. As everyone gazed upward, and saw that a silvery disc had emerged from behind clouds, they experienced what is known [as] a ‘sun miracle.’ Not everyone reported the same thing; some present claimed they saw the sun dance around the heavens; others said the sun zoomed toward Earth in a zigzag motion that caused them to fear that it might collide with our planet (or, more likely, burn it up). Some people reported seeing brilliant colors spin out of the sun in a psychedelic, pinwheel pattern. The whole event took about 10 minutes.

With these apparitions at Fatima, God asked for the Consecration of Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary by the Pope in union with all of the bishops of the world. Our Lady of Fatima said that if the Consecration of Russia was done, Russia would be converted and there would be peace. However, if the Pope and the bishops did not obey the request, Our Lady said that Russia would spread her errors throughout the world, causing wars and persecutions of the Church and of Holy Father, the martyrdom of the good and the annihilation of nations.

I find it interesting that Our Lady appeared in Fatima with these warnings exactly 100 years before the 500th anniversary of the Protestant revolt (1517-2017)

100 years ago on August 13, 1917, an anti-clerical government official, claiming he would offer the children a ride to keep their appointment … kidnapped them instead.

While the children, who even under threat of death, would not recant their account of the appearances, were soon set free upon threat of riots, their promise to meet the Lady at the Cova de Iria on the 13th was broken (causing the Lady, who appeared that August 19, to say that a promised October miracle would have been greater.

Evil has its innings.

No one quite knows when the time clock for Leo XIII’s 100 years of enhanced Satanic Power began (or even if it has begun YET) … but many are making the linkage between the miracle moment at Fatima and the simultaneous rise of Russian atheistic Communism as a starting point to consider. < In which case the 100 years would be up on this October 13.

Fr. Hellman ticks off some monumental moral crises the Church has experienced internally and externally in the past 100 years. And the march of (so-called) modernism in society and the church since 1917.

From Birth Control, to Eugenics, to Abortion, to the idea that one’s personal conscience can excuse one from following Church laws and teachings – to a modernistic explaining away of miracles, and marginalization of the Eucharist – this past 100 years has seen a lot of changes in the Church and the world.

In these last few months of the 100th Anniversary of the Fatima appearances, it is good to consider Our Lady’s main message of repentance and following God.

Matt. 11:25

At that time Jesus said in reply,

"I give praise to you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, for although you have hidden these things from the wise and the learned you have revealed them to the childlike.

Whether these are the last days of Pope Leo’s envisioned 100 Satanic Years or not, I appreciated Fr. Hellman’s article. I want to personally repent and begin anew with the humble spirit of the Fatima children … rather than the lukewarm, skeptical, cynical or God diminishing spirit of our age. :gopray2:

This is a quite comprehensive article about Fatima and the events following. It puts a lot of things in a historical perspective of which many of us are unaware. I really recommend reading the entire article by Fr. Heilman.

If its true that Lucia will be around to announce when the warning is about to happen…it would have to be fairly soon, as she is getting up there in age.

I have a bad feeling if she dies before this happens, Fatima will loose all credibility.

“If she dies before this happens Fatima will lose all credibility”

Sister Lucia died in 2005. Did you not know this or are you being sarcastic?

I think Lucia has died, already.

The supposed Vision of Pope Leo XIII is Catholic urban legend. I’ve posted this before but here it is again:

"The problems with the story connecting the institution of the St. Michael prayer and a supposed vision of Leo XIII may be summarized as follows:

• Writings which promote the story give no references to sources.

• The various accounts contradict each other as to where the vision supposedly took place — after Mass at the foot of the altar, or in a conference with cardinals.

• The various accounts are inconsistent about the date of the vision.

• The dates the accounts give for the alleged vision (1880, 1884 and 1888) do not correspond with the date when the St. Michael prayer was actually instituted (1886).

• There appears to be no corroboration for the story in a contemporary account which one would expect to have mentioned the event, had it indeed taken place.

These considerations all tend to support the conclusion Father Bers arrived at in the 1930s: “that the ‘vision’ had been invented in later times for some reason,” and that the story was simply feeding upon itself."

February 2005. May she rest in the arms of the Lord!

If the vision of Pope Leo XIII was a private revelation–an interior locution–no doubt confirmation of the event would be hard to verify. There is this Q&A in EWTN which addresses it:

ewtn.com/v/experts/showmessage.asp?number=318750

There was also an HPR article which addressed the matter of Fatima here:

hprweb.com/2017/01/fatima-and-the-signs-of-the-times-needs-a-closer-look/

I did not know this. Im not sure how I missed that???

That is interesting as she always said she would be around to announce when the warning was about to happen…so like in other revelations, when future predictions fail to come true, does that mean the source of the miracle should be questioned then?

Um…
The “warning” is not part of the Fatima messages. Lucia never said she would announce the “warning” and to my knowledge never spoke of it. It belongs to an entirely different apparition.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.