Our Lady of Fatima - picture

Greetings. I received something from a Marian group in the mail about two months ago, and it had a picture on the back --> of the most beautiful representation I have ever seen of Our Lady of Fatima appearing to the three children. I can’t find it anymore and I can’t stop thinking about it.

I hope this does not sound random and trivial. Can anyone help me with any leads?

LOL, most images of Our Lady of Fatima fit that description. You are going to have to be a little more descriptive. :stuck_out_tongue:

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL145/2151452/6065200/256491305.jpg http://hausofholmes.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/our-lady-of-fatima.jpg http://www.palhbooks.com/fatima2.jpg http://www.olfatima-gp.org/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/OurLadyFatima.351204625_std.jpg http://www.our-lady-fatima.org/OurLady%20of%20Fatima.jpg

Here are some more :slight_smile:

Explore Ana C

http://www.avemariablog.org/images/olfatima.jpg

Ok. The art was more realistic than William Bouguereau’s Marian art. It was as if the picture was partly ‘photoshopped’ because the faces of Mary and the children looked life like. It looked like a scene from the movie that was artistically rendered.

It was on the back of some Lenten book sent by mail by some Marian group. I am sorry I am so vague. In the meantime, I will keep searching high and low for this picture.

Praying to St. Anthony that you may find your Lenten book/picture.

St. Anthony, when you prayed, your stolen book of prayers was given back to you. Pray now for all of us who have lost things precious and dear. Pray for all who have lost faith, hope or the friendship of God. Pray for us who have lost friends or relatives by death. Pray for all who have lost peace of mind or spirit. Pray that we may be given new hope, new faith, new love. Pray that lost things, needful and helpful to us, may be returned to our keeping. Or, if we must continue in our loss, pray that we may be given Christ’s comfort and peace. Amen.

Was it from the Living Rosary Association? The recent edition has Our Lady of Fatima on the front appearing to the children.

The picture was an artistic rendering of the following image:

Has anyone seen it from any recent publications?

aww beautiful pics. i may say so myself… very pretty

Hail Mary, full of grace.
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou amongst women.
And blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death.
Amen. :signofcross:

Hi I posted this link some days ago in the media subforum but I ran across the trailer for a new movie about Fatima coming out this week so maybe some pictures will come from there as well. It appears the movie won’t be set for world wide release because I guess Hollywood will not carry it, but here is the homepage for the Fatima movie, for those who haven’t yet seen it, coming out this week. God Bless!
the13thday.com/

Guardian333- Were you able to find your Lenten book or the picture of Our Lady of Fatima?

I must say, that all of the pictures provided of Our Lady of Fatima are beautiful.

St. Anthony Pray for us.

Our Lady of Fatima Pray for Us.

My dear friend
Ask your Blessed Mother to help you find the picture and search for it. Be sure to listen to Her now she has drawn you to Her apostolate.
God bless you:thumbsup::slight_smile:
John

That’s a scene from the Warner Brothers’ 1950s era movie ‘Miracle of Our Lady of Fatima’.

Back in the day when Hollywood still made some decent movies. :cool:

~Liza

Yes, I have the movie as well. However, someone artistically rendered it beautifully by superimposing another picture of the Virgin Mary. It was radiant. I still can’t find it. However, I am blessed by everyone’s Marian spirituality and devotion on this thread. This thread alone has re-inspired me to re-read the Marian doctrines. I also watched the trailer of the13thday that was posted on this thread. Can’t wait to see it. Thank you all & most of all . . . Thank you ‘Momma’ Mary.

Side note: Can anyone provide insight on the significance of the 13th day of the months that Mary appeared in Fatima? What is the symbolism of ‘13’ from a Catholic perspective?

This is for JPUSC who responded to this thread.
HOW did you do that? How did you get an animation - i.e. the youtube link but also what appears to be the clip itself - of the Consecration in your post? Awesome ! (and I don’t usually use that word !)

My dear friend
An interesting qustion re the significance of 13 for the apparitions. I’m not sur but 13 is a number used by the enemy and I think Fatima is warning us about the antichrist St John spoke of. She is going to crush the head of the antichrist in the end.

Gd bless you:thumbsup::slight_smile:
John

MARIOLOGY A BARRIER

Let me risk sharp rebuttal and mention that it is stories like Fatima that keep many people who admire much about Catholicism from embracing that faith. We appreciate the great work the Chuirch does among the poor, its medical facilities, its dedicated clergy and religious, etc. But to have to believe the apparations of Mary, for example, is simply too much. Millions of us need a compassionate religion focusing on the mystery and majesty of God and the importance of faith in our lives, but are unable - in good conscience - ro accept the various 'myths' that still seem to remain so central to Catholicism. We need a rational religion that is not filled with miracles which are at odds with our reason. . 

Sorry, but that's a reality. Until both Catholicism and evangelical Protestantism understand that we are no longer in a medieval world filled with superstition many of us will remain big tent believers, certainly tolerant of others, but unable to go along with their beliefs. We work hard at balancing our deep faith with reason and reasonableness.

Pew research recently noted that for every one who becomes a Catholic in the USA four leave Catholicism, and without the Hispanic immigration, mainly illegal, the Church would be losing large numbers. This ought to waken the Vatican and others up to the crisis Christianity faces.

God bless the whole world - no exceptions. Peace.

My dear friend
General Comments
To speak against Mary shows one has or is lost ./ losing the faith.
Millions of muslims have converted to christianity in recent yrs.
Many millions of Africans have too.
16,500 / day of Chinese are.
And more. Many to catholicism.
I would not feel the same about my faith without a Mother. Millions are the same. I think this scripture quote sums up how we are to be when it comes to our faith. We are stupid, unintelligent, insignificant, useless specks of dirt but we often feel we are the opposite to this ( a general comment - not directed solely at anyone )-

Matt.18

1] At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?"
2] And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them,
3] and said, "Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
4] Whoever humbles himself like this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
5] "Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me;

God bless you:)
John

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.