Our Lady of Kibeho

I am deeply moved by this Church approved Marian apparition from Rwanda. A story that has shaken me spiritually and one that has taken place during my lifetime.

I am searching for a statue of Our Lady of Kibeho…does anyone know where I can buy one on-line?

Our Lady of Kibeho ~ Mother of the Word pray for us!

*Our Lady’s words to Anathalie

“Wake up, stand up, wash yourselves and look up attentively. We must dedicate ourselves to prayer, we must develop in us the virtues of charity, availability, and humility.”*

Maybe it is an exceedingly important apparition, especially because it has been documented in the New York Times. query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9400E4D81738F93BA35757C0A96F958260 It causes me to wonder, why has so much about Rwanda been made available to the public but the Marian forewarning has not been emphasized as much as it could have been. :o It also makes me realize the power of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Mother of the Word, and how much God really really loves her and wants us to love and respect her. With this apparition, perhaps God is sometimes like a friend or parent who can yell at you, argue with you, say your full name - but when you get a cold but respectful lack of initiation/silence with formal respect returned when you initiate yourself warmly , you know that the person means business - the same thing might be here when they say, she never returned. I wonder why.

It’s also wonderful that she appeared in Africa, despite the sadness of the tragedy. You really see God’s lack of racism in that there is a Black Madonna and child venerated in Poland, an Indian looking Our Lady of Guadalupe, a Japanese looking Mary of Akita, Japan as well as the Immaculate Heart of Mary at Portugal and Lourdes.

Perhaps you know of where there is a complete collection of the messages online!!? :confused: To read them would be SO WONDERFUL!! Maybe you possibly know what is meant by availability in your quote above of Anathalie.

May the WONDERS of the Immaculate Heart of Mary be proclaimed forever, everywhere, through all time and loved!! May the LOVE and MERCY of the Sacred Heart of Jesus be venerated, proclaimed, adored, and loved for all time, in all time, in all places, now and forevermore!! May the Holy Spirit through the Immaculate Heart of Mary grace us with the gifts that we most desperately need!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!!

*Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou among women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. *

Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse.

For the sake of his sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world! For the sake of his sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world! For the sake of his sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world!

O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee!
Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us!

*Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou among women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. *

You could visit kibeho.org/

Hmm…could someone translate the website into English, please? :slight_smile:

The various links are about the apparitions but can anyone direct me to a Vatican source/document that declares the apparitions to be approved.

I too would like to read something more.

The links that I have found, most of the sites include ALL apparitions, approved and not approved yet…so :shrug: I’m not too sure that this is approved.

It was approved June 29, 2001. The University of Dayton houses the most complete Marian library in the country and one of those is an accurate list of approved Marian apparitions.

campus.udayton.edu/mary/resources/aprtable.html

EWTN has the declaration of approval of this apparition that I also included.

ewtn.com/library/MARY/OLKIBEHO.HTM

The visions which happened at Kibeho Rwanda are astounding in its implications, for this is a prophecy fulfilled in our time, and what our Lady warned of was soon to take place in that tragic land.

I find Our Lady of Kibeho known as “Our Lady of the Word” as a title that is pertinent for people today…“Let every tongue proclaim Jesus Christ is Lord!” Mary always leading us to her Son.

There is a new book out about the apparitions that has just been released Our Lady of Kibeho: Mary Speaks to the World from the Heart of Africa by by Immaculee Ilibagiza (whose other books are highly recommended).

I am still looking for a statue of Our Lady of Kibeho.

ewtn.com/library/MARY/OLKIBEHO.HTM

Bear in mind that within the declaration is this statement:

“The recognition or negation of the authenticity of an apparition does not guarantee infallibility; it is based on proofs of probability more than on apodictic arguments”. In the sphere of the apparitions there is then no absolute certainty for the witnesses, except perhaps for the visionary. The definitive judgement about the Apparitions of Kibeho should be interpreted in this spirit. The recognition of these apparitions should not be considered a requirement of faith. Therefore each Christian is free to believe or not."

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.