Our Lady of La Sellete

Is this prophecy approved by Rome? It is a message of urgently. This makes me want to jump into prayer life now. No time to ease into it but how can I purge myself of the sins of the world? Become fanatical? “I will spew the lukewarm my mouth”. and " pray without ceasing". We must be God fearing.

Yes, it was approved in 1851. There are others, like Fatima, similar.

Prayer would definitely be a good idea.

We can’t save the world by ourselves, but we can at least do our part. When we are before the Throne of God, we hope that we will be able to say we prayed and did our part.

The Church has claimed that the visits to the two seers in the 1800s are worthy of belief.

That means that you as a Catholic layperson can choose whether to acknowledge them or not. Private revelations are not required for salvation and you may choose to ignore them if they do not bear spiritual fruit for you.

I would suggest that you begin your deeper spiritual journey by making commitments that you know you can keep and easing yourself into prayer. Learning to converse with God takes practice and consistency. I would hate for you to give yourself too many devotions or spiritual exercises and see you get burnt out. Maybe you should look to find a spiritual director who could help you learn more about prayer, the Word of God, and your own spirituality.

The last two sentences in your post were quotes from the bible.

Pray without ceasing: 1 Thes 5:17

Lukewarm: Rev 3:16

I was actually doing some reading on this during the weekend after I saw the news article on Medjugorje. Unlike Sellete it hasn’t gotten Vatican approval, and the faithful are advised not to attend events that confirm it’s authenticity, however I’m not sure if the matter has been definitively resolved, it could still be ongoing.

As for prayer, I’m not sure I’d use the term ‘fanatical’, since there’s nothing wrong with doing lots of prayer. No prayer goes to waste, it all counts for the good of for those who really need it, whether it’s those sinners here on Earth offending God, or our loved ones awaiting to get into the Kingdom of Heaven.

Catholic prophecy and eschatology is fascinating, the revelations even though they’re private are very chilling and terrifying. If you(like myself) wondered why so many Catholics pray the rosary, reading some of these revelations will give you a reason as to why.

2017 will be very interesting. As they’ve pointed out, the anniversary of the Reformation, beginnings of Freemasonry, and of course 100 years of Our Lady of Fatima.

Spewing lukewarm come from the Bible.

I like La Salette.

The issue of Medugorje is still ongoing. A Vatican ruling on it is expected by some in 2014.

It’s people who are “fanatical” about prayer who are later canonized.

ICXC NIKA

AMEN!

Our Lady of LaSalette
Reconciler of Sinners
Pray without ceasing,
For us who have recourse to you.

At Lourdes there were besides the visionary, Bernadette Soubirous, now aka St. Bernadette Soubirous,  many other seers or visionaries; but all were false except St. Bernadette.  The devil no doubt inspired the false ones to confuse people.  Something happened latter to confuse people about the approved message of  La Salette in a different manner.   

The message actually approved by Pope Pius IX was short and here it is:

The message approved by Pope Pius IX:

“If my people do not obey, I shall be compelled to loose my Son’s arm. It is so heavy I can no longer restrain it. How long have I suffered for you! If my son is not to abandon you, I am obliged to entreat Him without ceasing. But you take no heed of that. No matter how well you pray in the future, no matter how well you act, you will never be able to make up to me what I have endured on your behalf. I have given you six days to work. The seventh I have reserved for myself, yet no one will give it to me. This is what causes the weight of my Son’s arm to be so crushing. The cart drivers cannot swear without bringing in my Son’s name. These are the two things which make my son’s arm so heavy.”

The Lady then went on to speak about the coming punishments for these sins of Sabbath breaking and blasphemy, including crop blights and famine, at one point switching from French, which the children did not understand perfectly, to the local patois. Then she spoke to Maximin alone, imparting a secret to him which Mélanie could not hear, before turning to her to give a secret that Maximin likewise could not hear. Presently she again spoke to both saying that if the people were to be converted then the fields would produce self-sown potatoes and the stones become wheat.

She then asked a significant question: “Do you say your prayers well, my children?” They replied that they hardly prayed, and she told them they should say at least their morning and night prayers, before continuing: “Only a few rather old women go to Mass in the summer. Everyone else works every Sunday all summer long. And in the winter, when they don’t know what else to do, they go to Mass only to scoff at religion. During Lent, they go to the butcher shops like dogs.”

She then asked the children if they had ever seen spoiled wheat and when both replied that they had not, the Lady reminded Maximin that he had once seen it when on a visit to a nearby hamlet with his father; he then remembered that what she had said was true. Finally the Lady spoke to them in French: “Well, my children, you will make this known to all my people,” before moving forward between them. She went on a few yards and then re-emphasised her message to them without turning around: “Now, my children, be sure to make this known to all my people.”

One of the two seers who witnessed the apparition at La Salette France named Melanie Calvat  latter published a very corrupt account: 

jloughnan.tripod.com/sal_decr.htm

CLARIFICATION: To circumvent any misunderstanding - I wish to advise that I concur with the Bishop of Grenoble decision regarding the apparition of the Blessed Virgin Mary at La Salette in 1846, that the apparition is “worthy of belief.” The intent of these articles is to demonstrate that a) the “message” and/or “secret” of La Salette does NOT form an integral part of the Bishop’s (and Church’s) approval, and b) that the “message” and/or “secret” (which has the BVM say that “Rome will lose the Faith…etc.”) is an 1879 corruption of the recorded 1851 “message”, and c) that the corrupted 1879 “message” and/or “secret” has been condemned by the Church - culminating with being placed on the Index of Forbidden Books - the Imprimatur in 1879 of the Bishop of Lecce notwithstanding!
F. John Loughnan

What is important here is that the Bishops who approved these latter messages are not of the diocese of Grenoble in France where the Blessed Virgin Mary appeared. And these latter messages were condemned by the Vatican.

There are sedevacantist websites that seek to lead people against the Vatican, some of our Holy Fathers & the Church that Jesus Christ founded in Jerusalem almost 2000 years ago. These groups just have lost their faith in the Mystical Body of Christ and they greatly distort the writings of many Popes…

I brought this out so that no one may be lead away from the Church.  This matter is confusing and it is really complex.  I have had correspondence with both Richard Salbato and  F. John Loughnan aka by the pen name Sean O Lachnain.  They are both Catholics and loyal to the Pope.

“Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the anti-christ.”==Our Lady of LaSalette, Sept 19, 1846

I’ll admit it’s got me wondering. Was Benedict forced out and if so is Francis not the real pope? Not betting either way----but keeping my eyes open. Lots of computer sites promoting this idea----and not sede=vacantist sites.

In the mean time—just watch and pray.

I knew it wouldn’t be long before some one would come up with the idea that Pope Benedict XVI was forced to resign and Pope Francis is some sort of fraud serving evil. :rolleyes:

Jim

I would say that there is more chance that Pope Francis is the worthy shepherd rather than the anti-christ.

unveilingtheapocalypse.blogspot.ie/2013/02/is-worthy-shepherd-prophecy-about-to-be.html

Was Benedict forced out? I don’t think so, I believe he feels someone else stronger is needed to lead the Church through a very difficult time ahead. Also he feels two popes are needed to see the Church through this period where it will come out triumphant.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.