Our Lady of the Rosary, pray for us

OCTOBER 13, 1917: The Miracle of the Sun was proof of the Divine origin of the apparitions and reaffirmed the seriousness of God’s message of salvation for the world.* This great supernatural event could not be mistaken for anything other than what it was.
After each of the three previous apparitions in July, August, and September, the children said that the Lady had promised to perform a miracle on October 13, 1917. As a result, the whole country was waiting eagerly for the anticipated miracle. Despite the torrential rains that were plaguing Fatima, tens of thousands of people were making the pilgrimage to the remote village in Portugal.*

(On October 13, 1917) Lucia began to recite the Rosary and cried out suddenly, “Put down your umbrellas everyone.” She said to Jacinta and Francisco, “Kneel down, Our Lady is coming. I have seen the flash.” Lucia again inquired of the Queen of Heaven, “What do you want of me?” "I am the Lady of the Rosary. I would like a chapel built here in my honor. Continue to pray the Rosary everyday. The war will end soon and the soldiers will return to their homes." Then Lucia asked, “I have many petitions, will you grant them?” “Some yes, others no. People must amend their lives and ask pardon for their sins.” As Our Lady continued, her face became very grave, “Offend not Our Lord anymore, for He is already much offended.” Lucia asked, “Do you want anything else from me?” Our Lady answered, “I desire nothing more.” As she left the three children, Our Lady opened her hands, which radiated a bright light. Then, as she rose from their sight, she pointed towards the sun and the light beaming from her hands made the sun appear even brighter.

Our Lady of the Rosary, pray for us…

Hail Mary, full of grace…
the Lord is with thee!
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God…
pray for us sinners, now…
and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Magnificent!

CAF have very gently reminded me that I haven’t posted on any forums for a while…so, just to appease those who monitor us so closely (I’m joking of course!!)…Today the Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary, and having read the events at Fatima all those years ago it must be said that The Father is probably still not pleased with us here on earth. I’m in the middle of reading Sister Lucia’s book-“CALLS” FROM THE MESSAGE OF FATIMA", and it is an uncomfortable read…it is so simply written by one who was previously illiterate, who has spoken to Our Lady and can deliver the messages with such potency.She exposes the clutter in our life as if it is poison to our souls,which of course it is! One could nearly be jealous of her family’s closeness to God back in the early 1900’s…their devotion to neighbours, helping each other,their devotion to God as their Master and not a TV, radio, car, refrigerator, Visa card or shopping mall in sight…
So far I’ve covered the call to Faith, Adoration,Hope, to love God, Forgiveness and the call to Prayer and am only one third through the book!!..this book is a wake up call to the world and there are no secrets to reveal except PRAY PRAY PRAY…Our Lady used this gentle unsophisticated and innocent girl to deliver Her Message of the Rosary…AVE MARIA

closed #4

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.