Our loved ones in Heaven

Hi

I was wondering if someone could point to me where in the Bible is says that we will see our loved ones again in Heaven?

I wasn’t sure whether this is in the Bible or if it is written elsewhere? Thanks

Jesus says to one of the thieves on the cross, “This day you will be with me in paradise.”

I’m not sure if there is a specific place where it is said that you will see your loved ones. But Jesus DOES say that He will gives us everything we desire, if we believe.

I think what Jesus Christ said about the experience of the rich man and Lazarus after they died, in Luke 16:19-31, suggests that we will see our loved ones again in heaven. Though the rich man is in torment, he was still is able to recognize Lazarus and remember his living brothers.

OK, thanks.

MrEddy,

In 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17, (in the passage that later was misinterpreted in the 19th-century by Darby and became part of Evangelical Christianity’s ‘rapture’ theology), Paul comforts those who worry that their loved ones, having died, will not participate in the resurrection at the 2nd Coming of Christ: “the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.”

In other words, it seems that Paul is not only asserting that the dead, too, will rise, but that the living will be ‘together with them’ when we meet Christ.

Yes, and even stranger, he was able to converse with his brother, who was in heaven…?? It is said there is a void between heaven and hell, but I guess people in both places CAN speak to each other…that is odd though.

Yes, many thanks Gorgias, that was the passage I was looking for. Read it years ago but couldn’t remember where it was.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.