Our Priest Needs Prayers

We got a new priest a year and a half ago. Our new priest is much more strict and professional than the priest before him, and some people in the parish that work for him don’t like it. This started a year ago. Our priest, before coming here, spent some time at a church in Florida. During this time, he was lost and spoke poor English. A policeman arrested him in a sting operation while he was asking for directions and he was charged with soliciting a prostitute. Closer review of the tape later showed the misunderstanding and he was cleared of all charges. He returned to his parish and stayed there for some time before being transferred to the next parish, like LaSalette priests often are. Eventually he found his way here, and the first thing the people here did was google his name. This news article of course popped up and it was talked about briefly, but not in great detail. Months later when this particular staff person found out how strict he really was, she decided it was time to make a big deal about it. She and her family called our diocese office day after day crying about how unsafe they felt with him around their children, totally ignoring the fact that he was cleared. There was a big parish wide meeting with the bishop present to basically tell these people to leave it alone.

The priest knew exactly who was responsible, but he did not fire this worker, even though, for other reasons, like her poor work ethic, she should have been fired long long ago.

Recently because of decline in collection money and other budget issues (a result of some of the people who left the parish over the ridiculous incident) the priest cut hours on some of the lesser important staff. This woman’s hours were cut dramatically (along with other staff members) and she has recently sent out an email to the whole parish about this terrible injustice, and she is calling for another meeting with the bishop.

Please pray for our priest and that this will go away. It is ridiculous and pointless and the result of some bored parishioners throwing a tantrum.

Thank you for sharing. I will be sure to keep this in my prayers.

Praying that people come to thier senses and have faith in their Bishop’s word. Amen.

Praying for your priest and especially for you parishioners…

Hail Mary
full of Grace
the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus
Holy Mary,
Mother of God
pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen

I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus
Christ, His only Son, our Lord: Who was
conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the
Virgin Mary; suffered under Pontius
Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried.
He descended into hell; the third day He
rose again from the dead; He ascended
into heaven, is seated at the right hand of
God the Father Almighty; from thence He
shall come to judge the living and the
dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the
Holy Catholic Church, the communion of
Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the
resurrection of the body, and life
everlasting. Amen.

amen

I assure you that this good priest will be remembered daily in my prayers. Peace!

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.
:signofcross:

Please assure him of our prayers. I’ll keep him in my daily Masses.

Praying hard.

Lord please protect this priest and help him to flourish i his ministry. Please protect him from all injustice

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread.
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us,
And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit
As it was in the begining, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.