Our soldiers

Please pray for all of our soldiers and my son who will be leaving Iraq to work in Afghanistan. For the health of my family.

I pray that our Dear Lord will look with compassion on our soldiers everywhere in the world. I pray that He will comfort them, guide them, and give them courage. I will add this intention to my Rosary tonight.

Blessings,
Judi

Keeping all in military in prayer…

God bless your son and thank him for me for his service to our country. May God bless and keep him and all of you safe.

INVOCATION OF SAINT GEORGE (PATRON OF SOLDIERS)

Faithful servant of God
and invincible martyr, Saint George;
favoured by God with the gift of faith,
and inflamed with an ardent love of Christ,
thou didst fight valiantly
against the dragon of pride,
falsehood, and deceit.
Neither pain nor torture,
sword nor death could part thee
from the love of Christ.
I fervently implore thee
for the sake of this love
to help me by thy intercession
to overcome the temptations that surround me,
and to bear bravely
the trials that oppress me,
so that I may patiently carry the cross
which is placed upon me;
and let neither distress nor difficulties
separate me from the love of Our Lord Jesus Christ.
Valiant champion of the Faith,
assist me in the combat against evil,
that I may win the crown promised to them
that persevere unto the end.

SANCTE MICHAEL ARCHANGELE

Sancte Michael Archangele,
defende nos in proelio,
contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.
Imperet illi Deus, supplices deprecamur:
tuque, Princeps militiae coelestis, Satanam aliosque spiritus malignos, qui ad perditionem animarum pervagantur in mundo, divina virtute, in infernum detrude. Amen.

I’ll be praying for your son and all men and women fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan . Lord protect and keep them safe , encourage and strengthen them in the execution of their duties and responsibilities , grant them to return in wholeness and healthy to their families and children .
May Lord keep and protect your son , give strenght and health to you and your family .
In Jesus Holy Name and through intercession of Saint Archangel Michael , glorious defender in time of war . Amen

May God protect and defend them and lead them to act in defense of the innocent.

Paul

I pray daily for the safety of our military and first responders.

Praying in union with the Guardian Angel of Afghanistan for our soldiers and everyone in Afghanistan.

:gopray: :angel1:

My son just finished in Iraq and after serving in the Honor guard will also be leaving for Afghanistan. I pray for them, and us, who are here at home praying for God to bring our children home safely.

Praying for all our men and women who serve in the military. My son will be going to Afghanistan soon, so I will be praying that the Lord will watch over him.

I will pray for your intention. :signofcross:

Thank you. This forum and all the people here are such a blessing.

Please thank you son for me. My family and I truly appreciate the sacrifice that he and all the other soldiers are making for us. Thank you for sharing him with us and for raising such a brave man!

I pray for our military daily. It upsets me that they rarely pray for the military during the petitions at Mass. My wife has spoken to the priests and written the Bishop but to no avail. I have even written to the people who print the petitions and never even had the courtesy of a reply.

Praying.

Toni,
I join you in prayer to keep all our men and women ,of all military safe, and that they go with God’s good guidance to show them the way. Thank your son for protecting us…He is our hero and is shown due respect…We are always saying a prayer for them at church on Sundays as well…With Warmth and Aloha, LynneMarie

God bless your son and all who serve with him.
I ask Jesus to keep them safe and to protect their inner selves from harm.
I ask Him also to grant all the prayers of your heart for your family.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Still praying very hard for our military!

My son leaves for Afghanistan this week and I heard from him today and he told me that I will probably have to wait for a month at a time till I hear from him again.

My best friend lost her soldier in Afghanistan so we could all use those prayers and appreciate them more than you will ever know.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.