Our Sufferings According to St. John Vianney, The Cure of Ars

This simple French village priest, who became a great saint, has quite a different view of our suffering, from how most people see it.
see catholicharboroffaithandmorals.com/Vianney%20Suffering.html

Thanks for the link! It really made me think.

The Cure of Ars is one of the toughest saints around – he never beats around the bush.

Thank you for posting this.

I guess sometimes in our own human weakness and own sufferings its easy to forget the merits of this beautiful teaching. :blush:

I’ve copied and saved this teaching from Saint John Vianney for further meditation.
Thank You very much for posting this. :thumbsup:

A day after being told that my understanding of my pain from my current cross was the work of the devil, your post is music to my ears.

In carrying our own Cross; Archbishop Fulton Sheen once said; in Faith which is easier for you to believe that Jesus did die and suffer a terrible death by Hanging on the Cross for our sins, or to believe that Jesus Hangs individually on each of us. In Faith both are true.

Thanks!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.