OUTAGE! CALL E-BAY! heres the actual phone number!!

In case you havent heard, 2 people on e-bay the past few days were selling CONSECRATED hosts–as in the body, blood, soul, and divinity of Our Lord Jesus Christ–online!!

Thankfully, one of the sellers gave into our emails and removed his host, although we dont know what he did with it after that. The second seller refused to remove his . . . but, by the grace of God, a very devout Catholic PURCHASED the precious body for $2,000!!! He has assured us that he is going to take it to the proper church authorities. Please remember to say a prayer and ask God to bless “Oz”, the man who saved Jesus from evil ebay people.

Unfortunately this is probably going to set a new standard. People have seen just how much money Catholics will pay to save their Lord-- which is good. But it’s sad that now we might start seeing more of this, UNLESS WE DO SOMETHING.

So, below I have ACTUAL PHONE NUMBERS WITH REAL PEOPLE!!! you can use to call e-bay and express your outrage:

1-800-322-9266
1-888-749-3229

or snail mail:
2145 Hamilton Avenue, # 350
San Jose, CA 95125

or, you can email them online, but I dont think thats very effective. Be warned that the phone people dont generally like when people call them. they want you to email first. But dont let them hang up without hearing you! Ask ebay to PLEASE add Hosts to the “banned items” list, and to make sure that this BLASPHEMY never happens again!

Here is the seller’s info (who ended up selling the Host):

Name: diversifiedsolutions
Ended: Apr-11-05 18:55:25 PDTStart time: Apr-09-05 16:41:49 PDT
Item number: 6169851381

link to actual post: cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6169851381

THAT SHOULD BE MORE THAN ENOUGH INFO. PLEASE CALL EBAY–FLOOD THEIR PHONELINES–AND LET THEM KNOW THIS CANNOT HAPPEN AGAIN!

Here is some more people to complain to

Originally Posted by Lisa4Catholics
*info@frmcgivneyassembly.o rg
This is the Catholic action League e-mail
document.write(“JScarborough”+"@"+“msnbc.com”); [email=“JScarborough@msnbc.com”]JScarborough@msnbc.com[/email]
Joe Scarborough on MSNBC,I do not know if he is Catholic,but he spoke highly of the Pope and supported Terri,keep it in my when you e-mail him.God Bless
hannity@foxnews.com
From Hannity and Colmes lets *

Jesus may not be in as much trouble as you think. It is likely, IMO, that the buyer will renege on the deal, keep the host, and dare the blasphemer to do anything about it. EBay would have no choice but to forego all penalties against the reneger, what with the thousands of outraged protests in his favor.

Someone on a mailing list got a reply from eBay. To put things in a nutshell, while they acknowledge the item and other items like Saint relics, etc. are sacred to many people, there is nothing by (civil) law illegal in the selling of the item (who is Christ). So basically, they aren’t going to do anything and they wash their hands on the manner.

I just happened upon this today… I didn’t even check to see how long ago this happened. And I don’t mean to downplay how important this issue is to some people.

But how can you tell if the host really was consecrated?

I mean… does it matter? Or can it be proved?

my mom told me about this last night. this is just ridiculous that ebay would allow an a-hole to do something like this.

:frowning: I actually heard about this on an Orthodox forum last night… it’s really disgusting that anyone would do this.

No offence to anyone, but why on earth would any of you think that someone is selling Jesus on Ebay ?

I mean, last I heard, he didn’t leave a body behind when he ascended to heaven, so how can they sell him ?

So, if that’s true, all they were selling is some bread and wine or grape juice, so what’s the big deal ?

That’s rather like taking offence to someone putting pieces of petrified wood up and calling it the cross or Noah’s ark. I mean come on! If you are dumb enough to believe that one, I’ve got some ocean front property in Arizona I’ll sell you cheap!

Getting offended at someone poking fun at your religon is understandable, but geeze it happens all the time, get over it!

I mean, if you are going to throw a fit over anything being sold on Ebay, why not pitch a fit over people selling ghosts and evil spirits and cursed items ? Hmmm ? Or is it better to have a hissy fit over someone selling something that may or may not be sacred than someone selling something evil ? What about Ouija boards and spellbooks and pentagrams and such ?

What, it’s perfectly ok to buy demons on Ebay but not Jesus ? Sounds like you are being a bit hypocritical.

Ok, so you don’t like the fact that someone is making fun of your religion, or you got offended by this, I understand that. But come on, what about all the other stuff you could get offended by ? Why throw a fit over just this ? If you’re on a roll, why not have a fit over indecent clothes, improper music, and what about all the stuff in the “mature” section ? Hmmmm ? Seems to me if you’re going to get offended and whine to Ebay, you might as well whine about it all !

[quote=angllady2]No offence to anyone, but why on earth would any of you think that someone is selling Jesus on Ebay ?

I mean, last I heard, he didn’t leave a body behind when he ascended to heaven, so how can they sell him ?

[/quote]

Because CAtholics believe during the mass, when the host is consecrated Jesus’ presence is there in the Eucharist. Hence, the Eucharist IS Jesus.

So, if that’s true, all they were selling is some bread and wine or grape juice, so what’s the big deal ?

Nope, unconcestrated hosts are just bread, once Jesus enters the host, it is the Eucharist, a holy sacrament, with His Presence.

That’s rather like taking offence to someone putting pieces of petrified wood up and calling it the cross or Noah’s ark. I mean come on! If you are dumb enough to believe that one, I’ve got some ocean front property in Arizona I’ll sell you cheap!

Please don’t belittle our religion like that. Have a little respect. There is no way to tell by looking if a host is consecrated. The wood of the Ark is not Jesus, the Eucharist is. Bad comparison.

Getting offended at someone poking fun at your religon is understandable, but geeze it happens all the time, get over it!

This isn’t poking fun. This is desecrating Jesus. Please read up on the Eucharist before you come on here and denegrate it to something it is not.

I mean, if you are going to throw a fit over anything being sold on Ebay, why not pitch a fit over people selling ghosts and evil spirits and cursed items ? Hmmm ? Or is it better to have a hissy fit over someone selling something that may or may not be sacred than someone selling something evil ? What about Ouija boards and spellbooks and pentagrams and such ?

What, it’s perfectly ok to buy demons on Ebay but not Jesus ? Sounds like you are being a bit hypocritical.

I don’t believe in Ouiji boards, they are just a game. We don’t worship demons, we worship Jesus, and He must be kept sacred and holy and not become a commodity on ebay.

[quote=angllady2]No offence to anyone, but why on earth would any of you think that someone is selling Jesus on Ebay ?

Ok, so you don’t like the fact that someone is making fun of your religion, or you got offended by this, I understand that. But come on, what about all the other stuff you could get offended by ? Why throw a fit over just this ? If you’re on a roll, why not have a fit over indecent clothes, improper music, and what about all the stuff in the “mature” section ? Hmmmm ? Seems to me if you’re going to get offended and whine to Ebay, you might as well whine about it all !
[/quote]

this is one of the most ignorant things i’ve ever heard. this is not something that “just offends” us. this is outright blasphemy and a desecration of our Lord and Savior. and then someone trying to make MONEY off of it??? Jesus was outraged when His Father’s temple was being used as a marketplace…imagine how He feels having His own body sold!!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.