Outrage as Egypt 'plans farewell intercourse law so husbands can have sex with DEAD wives up to six hours after their death'

Outrage as Egypt ‘plans farewell intercourse law so husbands can have sex with DEAD wives up to six hours after their death’

By Lee Moran

PUBLISHED: 04:28 EST, 26 April 2012 | UPDATED: 10:20 EST, 27 April 2012

Egyptian husbands could soon be legally allowed to have sex with their dead wives for up to six hours after their death, local media is claiming.

The controversial new law is claimed to be part of a raft of measures being introduced by the Islamist-dominated parliament.

It will also see the minimum age of marriage lowered to 14 and the ridding of women’s rights of getting education and employment.

Read more: dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2135434/Outrage-Egypt-plans-farewell-intercourse-law-husbands-sex-dead-wives-hours-AFTER-death.html#ixzz1tG4kSt2X

There was a thread on this previously, which the mod closed earlier until some reputable link could be produced.

Is DailyMail reputable though?

It’s used a plenty on this forum, all day long.

Er, I decline to comment…

Which neither confirms nor denies whether it is or is not reputable.

People around here were gaga over the Daily Mail when they reported that a Catholic Dutch Psych unit was castrating boys. No one wanted to raise an objection about their credibility then, except, of course, me.

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?p=9095536#post9095536

I’ve raised objections about the Daily Mail’s style of reporting many times Catholicboy, all you have to do see that would be to search my posts. I’m by no means alone in that either, a number of posters who are familiar with the paper have raised questions about it’s credibility many times.

Of course you did, and so did others, but not on the thread about the Catholic run unit castrating boys.

We don’t want this article to slip by though. Let me see if I can figure out why.

[quote="CatholicBoy1957, post:9, topic:282345"]
Of course you did, and so did others, but not on the thread about the Catholic run unit castrating boys.

We don't want this article to slip by though. Let me see if I can figure out why.

[/quote]

That thread is not relevant to this one. Let's stop trying to pull in red herrings. What is your puprose in opening this thread may I ask?

And this is supposed to be part of Islamic teaching? I seriously doubt it.

Give me the name of a media source that IS accurate and reliable?

In fact our OP did not quote the headline from the Daily Mail itself accurately, here is what it actually says as oppossed to what he has it saying in the first post in the thread:-

Egypt’s ‘plans for farewell intercourse law so husbands can have sex with DEAD wives’ branded a ‘complete nonsense’

Although the Daily Mail does mix in a bit of it’s usual ‘Muslims ate my hamsters’ (trademark Kaninchen) style rhetoric here and there.

[quote="Scott_Lafrance, post:12, topic:282345"]
Give me the name of a media source that IS accurate and reliable?

[/quote]

Exactly!

I posted this news article from an Arabic newspapper yesterday and the Mod locked it up stating that is was from a tabloid paper and that no such ruling has been approved by the Egyptian parliment… or something like that.

And Loboto-me also posted the same article and the thread was deleted.

I believe the Christian Science monitor also called this story a hoax.

I have something going through my mind right now, but I need to go back to bed for a couple of hours, then, perhaps, I could better put it into words.

Meanwhile, we’ve got pretty many ad hominem posts, but no comments on the article.

I have been listening to some of Rush’s commentary on it, though. It seems it is part of Islamic teaching, depending on who is interpreting. They do not, after all, have a pope to go to. But they’ve got some imams.

No ad hominem comments have appeared on the thread. Rush Limbaugh hardly strikes me as someone I would turn to as an authority on theology, either Christian or Islamic. Not having a Pope to go to does not mean people lack moral direction, otherwise the same logic would apply to all Christians outside the Catholic Church.

I note you are ignoring the fact your purposely edited the headline to make it say something rather different from what it actually does.

The daily mail has credibility? Since when?:smiley:

Should I post a screen shot from my computer screen? Maybe it’s because my computer only has a Celeron chip, and a full tilt Pentium would give a more accurate rendering of their article?

[quote="Skeptic92, post:18, topic:282345"]
The daily mail has credibility? Since when?:D

[/quote]

I was been generous in my assesment of it. ;)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.