Outreach to Muslims achieved through Jesus' linguistics and heritage?

Jesus of Nazareth was a Levantine Semite. He spoke Aramaic which is VERY similar to Arabic. A similar situation would be Spanish/Italian/Portuguese for example. There is a huge portion that is mutually intelligible.

When I showed clips from “The Passion of The Christ” to my Muslim friend from Syria (Damascus), he was very very interested. Especially when Jesus was talking to Satan in the Garden of Gethsemane. He said it made him homesick and that Jesus’ words were very interesting to listen to in the movie because of His use of Aramaic which my friend could understand. He told me that that movie changed his personal views on Jesus, and although he still sees Him as just a prophet, he said he has a special place in his heart for him because he was basically one of his people.

Just a random thought: could The Word be passed to Muslims by highlighting the fact that Jesus is one of them, meaning a Semitic, nearly Arabic speaking man from their very home?

On that same note, what a blessing Arab Christians share to be able to be so connected to Christ in His earthly/heritage sense.

In the name of Allah , Most Gracious, Most Merciful

. Most Muslims are non-Arabs . But don’t worry , we respect Jesus (pbuh) a lot :slight_smile:

It’s not a choice for us , it’s a MUST. I repeat , to be a Muslim , **it’s a must **to respect Jesus (pbuh) as a blessed messenger of God Almighty . To respect him , it does not matter which language he spoke ,

I like the Bis’mallah at the beginning of your post :stuck_out_tongue:

Some Christians just hate it . One even edited my post while quoting & included something Allah is Satan etc etc .

Muslim Woman, why don’t you instead begin your posts with: “In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, Amen”? :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, the truth be known is that most muslims used to be either Jewish, Christian, or pagans. Most reverted out of fear, conquest/slavery or birth - after generations of their ancestors being reverted. They have forgotten their roots - not so much the fact that they used to be Persians, or Arabs, or whatever - but the fact that they used to be what they hate now.

because I am a Muslim- surrendered to God alone :slight_smile:

Takkiya! What hypocrisy! You’ve posted many uncomplimentary things about Jesus whenever we attack Muhammad and his example!
Vickie

We are not ‘attacking’ mohammed, we are just showing the muslims and our own the real mohammed and we always use their own textsto do that. Or their history.

Very true!

Vickie

Allah is not God. Allah means The Deity.

Abba is God. Abba means Father.

This is not semantics. Muslims don’t believe there is only one God. They are henotheists. This means they acknowledge one God, and ignore the rest (e.g. The Mother of Rain who some say is the bride of Allah). This is why muslims shouldn’t talk about other peoples deities. It can curse them to acknowledge their existence by talking about them. Instead, muslims are to ignore them hoping they will go away and not be a bother. Do not confuse this with polytheism. Polytheism is the worship of many Gods. To many in islam saying ‘Abba’ hints at polytheism since it implies The Son and the Holy Spirit. According to islam polytheism is the worst sin. To Christians the worst sin is generally said to be blaspheming the Holy Spirit. To say ‘Allah’ blasphemes the Holy Spirit by not acknowledging the Holy Spirit or the Son or the Father. It is important for Christians to recognize that islam strictly forbids Christians from using the name ‘Allah’. So, out of respect and as commanded by the Church that is another reason why we do not use it.

jimzz12, welcome!

I have a question - is Abba an Arabic word?

From former muslims I got that they do indeed worship ‘other gods’. Such as the black rock, the koran and mohammed. Ali Sina wrote an email back to me about a question I had about the black rock and he says it is their behavior towards it that shows they worship it. He is an ex-muslim himself. Of course, they will deny it until the veins in their necks pop out, but as with everything in islam - look at their behavior because their words don’t ring true so often due to taqiyya/kithman. As there behavior when hamas attacks on a daily basis into Israel, and when Israel defends itself they have no problem taking to the streets and shouting nasties - and in some instances attack Jews in other countries. Their actions, or lack thereof, speak volumes. …and hamas kills more muslims than any other group.

black rock

We hear Muslims believe the Black Stone circled in Mecca is conscious and will testify for and against them on Judgment Day (though they will deny it, the stone and ritual is based on a pagan deity). Meanwhile Muslims all over the world gleefully bring down ‘un-Islamic’ idols, statues, and figures representing deities in other religions. The physical manifestation of Allah, in the form of a conscience stone, is an important core of Muslims’ connection with deity

also, Sahih Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 59, Number 661:
“We used to worship stones, and when we found a better stone than the first one, we would throw the first one and take the latter, but if we could not get a stone then we would collect some earth (i.e. soil) and then bring a sheep and milk that sheep over it, and perform the Tawaf around it. When the month of Rajab came, we used (to stop the military actions), calling this month the iron remover, for we used to remove and throw away the iron parts of every spear and arrow in the month of Rajab. Abu Raja’ added: When the Prophet sent with (Allah’s) Message, I was a boy working as a shepherd of my family camels. When we heard the news about the appearance of the Prophet, we ran to the fire, i.e. to Musailima al-Kadhdhab.”

and

"In the book of “the legendary in quran” , page 16,17 it said:{ that nudeness was for a reason, as there were sexual worshiping rituals taking place inside that Makkahin godly house in the ancient epochs }

In the book of" the father of prophets Ibrahim", by Muhammad hosny abdul-hammid, published in Cairo, page 92, he said:{ there was a pagan ritual performed by women, as they were touching the black stone by their menstrual blood, as the menstrual blood for the ancient pagan was the secret of birth, as they believed that, woman gives the blood and man gives the semen and the spirit is given by god They were assimilating the first act done by the moon god (Alh) when he slept with the sun god (Alat) So they were celebrating that occasion as the gods (the moon and the sun) did before, they were doing the same thing again (See also" the legendary and the heritage" by Sayed
Al-Kemny, page 160,162."

Abba is a Semetic word. Its like saying ‘Daddy’ It is the word Jesus used. We say it in the Our Father… Abba, Father… Dear Father… Oh My Jesus as in the Fatima prayer. Catholics have a VERY dear sense of God. He closer than our hearts. Allah is a distinct and removed deity.

The black rock that you refer to is something that pre-exists islam. In the former tribal/nomadic days it was indeed worshipped. I will not attack islam on this. Even Catholics have dubious relics and whatnot. Instead, its a case of having firm faith. If someone has firm faith that is good. The issue at hand here is that no person who is made aware of its pre-islam origins can in-faith walk around it. What is orginates in evil is incompatible with good.

You correct islam is not monotheistic. They are henotheists. In all fairness, many other peoples are henotheists. The Irish knock on wood, the Italians and their Nonna Strega, Red Sox fans don’t want to jinx the curse, Hindus practice yoga, etc.

There is only one God. His name is Jesus is LORD, 'He Who Saves is Who I am". Everything in the universe and all that is latent is contained in His name, in the Word — Jesus.

Mohammed is indeed a good figure to follow, but he unlike Jesus and a Mary, was a sinful man; islam teaches this. Why not follow Jesus? The problem is that they call Him “Issa”. It might be semantics, but Issa is an Egyptian name. It is also the name of a tribe from Djibouti, and comes to close to the false deity Isis for my comfort.

On Catholic Forums Jesus is God, just as everywhere else, but especially on Catholic Forums. To deny the divinity of Jesus is to be uncharitable to all men and Christians everywhere. Jesus is the door, knock and he may let you in.

You’re joking, right? :eek:

Well… I mean everything but all the bad example stuff – like the saintly Archers of Mohammed, who rained death upon the unbeliever. I attempting to be fair. He is in fact a tool of Satan. But, God tolerates great evil for the greater good. Here’s a fast fun fact: The three colours found on the flags of many countries where Christianity is illegal represent the standards of the three lines of the Blessed Archers used in battle by the mohammed. Black. Green. Red.

The unveiling of all these gnostic texts has been a treasure trove. It has revealed to us how the koran is a hodge-podge of gnostic, and eastern pagan egyptian beliefs. I compare it to the whole Medjugorie fiasco. It looks harmless and maybe even authentic on the surface, but in the end it leads the faithful into grave error. My rule of thumb is treat the koran like you would the Machiavelli or Nitzeche — by getting a good education in the truth before you try to take on the devil.

I’m sure the Christians of North Africa don’t think to highly of the genocide. My person view of the mohammed is that he is what is called a red herring – an answer that draws your attention away from the real answer. islam has brought nothing new; only violence. There is only before Christ and during Christ. There is no after Christ. John the Baptist was the last prophet. There will be no other revelation. It is the now.

I agree with you on that one!! He was an Adulterer, Bandit, Immoral, Inhuman, Looter, Lecher, Misogynist, Murderer, Materialistic, assasin, Narcissist, Pedophile, Raider, Rapist, Slavetrader, Sexmaniac, Terrorist, Torturer, Vengeful Warlord.

But, as for what they worship or not - a lot of people are dead and will die because of their prejudices of what they think others worship. They act as judge, jury and executioner over their prejudices, and these ‘moderates’ don’t give a hoot because they do absolutely nothing to stop the others from carrying out the killings. And in fact the ‘moderates’ support them via muslim charities. Sharia laws, those laws that they want established worldwide and slither them in slowly, are what allow this and this is what even the ‘moderates’ work towards establishing.

Personally, I could give a hoot what they worship and I know about the pagan religion that mohammed was (and he really wasn’t a very, good pagan at that) and that he took allah from a pantheon of gods and goddesses. Even its three daughters are mentioned in the koran. It even had a statue of the main moon god, allah, on top of the kabaa. But, the most important thing about what mohammed did to allah was to make it a deceitful, vengeful, lustful (well, at least it lusted for whatever mohammed lusted for) hateful god. As mohammed degenerated so did his allah.

It’s Hebrew.

Is there a website that talks about the revealing of these gnostic texts?

I have read the parts that mohammed got from Christians were from Christians who were considered heretical. Although what he got from the Jews wasn’t even correct. I go into that on the last part of this post on the thread called ‘Question on Islam – round 4’.

This discussion has nothing to do with the original topic of the thread. Thanks.

Right. Abba is hebrew and aramaic. Ab means dad in arabic and so when Arab Christians say the Our Father they say Abbana (our dad, basically).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.