Outside the Bible: Adam and Eve, the deep love

Written in Greek by an unknown author , The Life of Adam and Eve makes a matrimonial statement of love and devotion, on this Valentine’s day Sunday, 2016.

Afflicted by the sense of guilt over her sin, Eve tries to persuade Adam to kill her, so maybe the anger of God might be diminished against Adam. Adam is portrayed as not knowing whether it is Eve or he who has brought the calamity upon them. He says " How could I raise my hand, and cause my own flesh to suffer?"

Outside of Scripture, Jewish Publication Society, Vol 2, p 1333

This is an example of a common genre of Jewish writing in the time frame of the Second Temple period referred to as the re-written Bible. This particular short story is said to have had a big impact on Jews and Christians for a couple centuries AD.:clapping:

*By any chance, are you referring to *
The Life of Adam and Eve in Greek: A Critical Edition. Edited by Johannes Tromp.
Pseudepigrapha Veteris Testamenti Graece 6; Leiden: Brill, 2005

I was looking through the bibliography in a paper and saw the above citation. My curiosity got the best of me. :smiley:

This was a popular manuscript in the early centuries, there may be a couple translations out there.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.