? Ovarian Cancer ? Surgery June 12

I have a seriously enlarged right ovary with a large solid mass or tumor inside it. I am having an abdominal hysterectomy and oopherectomy on June 12.

There’s a 20% chance this could be ovarian cancer. I had a clean PET CT scan on Jan 30 and my CA-125 results were normal so I am hopeful that it is NOT cancer.

If it is cancer, this will be my fourth primary cancer. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!!

Please keep me in your prayers.

1. For a successful surgery.
  2. For a speedy recovery.
  3. For good pathology testing results–that it’s NOT cancer.
  4. If it is cancer, the fortitude to bear more chemo in my life.
  5. Pray for my enlightenment to try to understand God’s will for my life, when I’m so normally strong and healthy, to suddenly have cancers and other medical problems these last few years…and failing that, the grace to accept the mystery.
  6. Peace and joy through all circumstances. I’ve had that thus far, and could not bear the desolation if I were in for a desert experience in the midst of this. I need the special graces.

Thanks all for your prayer support. I know there are many mighty prayer warriors here with kneeler-calloused knees and bead-calloused fingers. You are truly God’s Marines and I appreciate your storming heaven for me.

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

BTW, have had the pleasure of visiting the great state of Kentucky on vacation twice now. While there, I picked up the best bourbon whiskey in the world, produced in Woodford County.

Not much of a drinker here, but if it’s not cancer, I will be happy to drink a shot in your honor. :cool:

Once again, you’re in my prayers.

~~ the phoenix

Keeping you in my prayers.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen.

Praying…

Dear Kentuckyliz,
My prayers go out to you. I am a cancer survivor, too. Much less serious than it sounds like you have been going through. But I did have radiation so I know some of what you’ve been going through. We go through what we have to and pray. I was truely comforted by my Dear Lord & also by the Blessed Mother during my treatments.
I will pray for the same for you. Blessings from Jesus & Mary to abound in your body, & in your life.
In Jesus Name,
Agatina

Dear Lord, please bless kentuckyliz with a successful surgery and may she find that she does not have any cancer. Keep her stong in faith and joyful in You and should she ever feel any desolation may she suffer through it peacefully, sharing in Your Son’s suffering with Him and offering it up for her salvation and the salvation of souls - for the Kingdom. May just suffering for the Kingdom bring her immediate joy and blessedness. Amen.

It must be hard for you, Liz, because I looked at your post an hour or two ago and felt overwhelmed enough not to be able to reply immediately! I do that sometimes. Empathy is a pain, isn’t it!
I think your a warrior yourself! :grouphug:

Anyway, to the Lord. You know what suffering feels like, Jesus. You’ve suffered emotional and physical pain in the extreme. You’ve looked ahead and saw what was coming and wept and prayed, taking your sleepy friends to pray with You. You went so far along the edge of suffering that You cried out to the Father that You felt abandoned.
So You know how Liz feels.
Please be with her every step of the way, and make things as easy as possible for her. Please give her all the peace and love and strength that she needs.
The surgery she’s having, what woman wants that. So Mother Mary, please pray for her.

Definitely praying for you.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, indeed! (Now *there’s *a phrase I didn’t expect to see on CAF…)

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Remember O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known, that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee O Virgin of Virgins my mother, to thee do I come before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the word incarnate, despise not my petition, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee

Prayers for you!!!

O great St. Peregrine, you have been called “The Mighty,” “The Wonder-Worker,” because of the numerous miracles which you have obtained from God for those who have had recourse to you.

For so many years you bore in your own flesh this cancerous disease that destroys the very fibre of our being, and who had recourse to the source of all grace when the power of man could do no more. You were favoured with the vision of Jesus coming down from His Cross to heal your affliction. Ask of God and Our Lady, the cure of the sick whom we entrust to you.
(kentuckyliz)

Aided in this way by your powerful intercession, we shall sing to God, now and for all eternity, a song of gratitude for His great goodness and mercy.
Amen.

will keep you in my prayers for allthat you ask. God Bless and stay strong

Please offer your suffering to God, specially when you go to mass. I’ll pray for your intention. You seemed to be a strong person. One whole Sorrowful Mystery for your intention.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

St. Peregrine, pray for Kentuckyliz to be healed. Amen.

Prayer to Our Lady, Mother of Mercy

Blessed Virgin Mary, who can worthily repay you with praise and thanks for having rescued a fallen world by your generous consent! Receive our gratitude, and by your prayers obtain the pardon of our sins. Take our prayers into the sanctuary of heaven and enable them to make our peace with God.

Holy Mary, help the miserable, strengthen the discouraged, comfort the sorrowful, pray for your people, plead for the clergy, intercede for all women consecrated to God. May all who venerate you feel now your help and protection. Be ready to help us when we pray, and bring back to us the answers to our prayers. Make it your continual concern to pray for the people of God, for you were blessed by God and were made worthy to bear the Redeemer of the world, who lives and reigns forever. Amen.

Saint Augustine of Hippo 

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.