I need advice about a co-worker who has been getting under my skin. She comes across as overbearing and smothering and I'm not sure how much more I can take of it. I've talked to the priests about it and they've suggested I pray for her and bless her every time she starts to annoy me.
I've worked with her for four years and I've managed this far to remain calm and collected. These past few weeks have been very trying with her. Here are a few things that occur on a daily basis:
- Every morning when I get to work, she tries to strike up a conversation about what I did either the night before or over the weekend. Then she'll try to engage in a 15+ minute conversation then complain she has so much work to do in so little time.
- We work in a school environment where we are constantly supervising students. She will often yell or put down students for doing something incorrectly or being too loud, etc.
- She constantly apologizes for her yelling and being "mean" to kids and she says she only does it because she cares about them.
- Sometimes she will yell for me across the work area to get my attention
- Sometimes I cannot stand hearing her voice any more because of the yelling
- She's Protestant and she'll sarcastically ridicule my Catholic faith with things like "It's that Lent season again and you Catholics do that Fish Friday thing"
- She insists on always having lunch with me when I just want to be alone
- She complains to me about how much pain she's in, but then she'll be lifting and moving items with such quickness and ease that I don't understand why she complains.
There's a lot more. I don't know if it is sinful to be irritated, annoyed or impatient with her. I try so hard to do the right thing, but she continues to bother me.
I just need some advice and I try to follow the Catholic virtues to remedy how I feel, I just feel like I'm losing hope that it'll get better.