Overcoming temptations

I think frequent confession is one way to work towards overcoming sins. When confession/reconciliation is on my “radar screen” I can confront temptations with the thought that I wouldn’t want to have to confess that sin that I am being tempted with currently.

There are higher motives, of course, such as loving God. Temptations can be avoided at several levels, is what I’m trying to say, and imagining myself in the confessional confessing this or that sin does not sit well with me and helps me to avoid the temptation.

This might even be something to mention to my companions, as the occasion arises.

As always, a daily focus on spirituality is very important to me.

1 Like

We use whatever helps us on our way up the spiritual ladder. One day, you might not even think about this as a factor.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.