Overrun By Immigrants, Border Agents Doing Paperwork Instead Of Patrolling

dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/06/09/overrun-by-immigrants-border-agents-doing-paperwork-instead-of-patroling/

Perhaps they have come to the realization without appropriate government and local support it is a losing battle. At one time I had considered working with the BP, but when I realized they are understaffed, under financed and not supported by higher authority and the public regularly undermines their efforts, I decided I did not want to work there.

I have met a lot and they are a fantastic group of people who are verbally assaulted by Americans and physically assaulted by people entering illegally, all the time. I wish them the best, but I can’t understand why anyone would want to work at a dam with ten thousand leaks and only ten fingers to plug the holes, knowing no one is going to help.

The blame belongs squarely on the shoulders of Obama. Now, to add insult to injury, your tax dollars will pay for their legal representation.

The Escape to Egypt

13 When they had gone, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream. “Get up,” he said, “take the child and his mother and escape to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you, for Herod is going to search for the child to kill him.”

14 So he got up, took the child and his mother during the night and left for Egypt, 15 where he stayed until the death of Herod. And so was fulfilled what the Lord had said through the prophet: “Out of Egypt I called my son.”[a]

16 When Herod realized that he had been outwitted by the Magi, he was furious, and he gave orders to kill all the boys in Bethlehem and its vicinity who were two years old and under, in accordance with the time he had learned from the Magi. 17 Then what was said through the prophet Jeremiah was fulfilled:

18 “A voice is heard in Ramah,
weeping and great mourning,
Rachel weeping for her children
and refusing to be comforted,
because they are no more.”**
The Return to Nazareth

19 After Herod died, an angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt 20 and said, “Get up, take the child and his mother and go to the land of Israel, for those who were trying to take the child’s life are dead.”

21 So he got up, took the child and his mother and went to the land of Israel. 22 But when he heard that Archelaus was reigning in Judea in place of his father Herod, he was afraid to go there. Having been warned in a dream, he withdrew to the district of Galilee, 23 and he went and lived in a town called Nazareth. So was fulfilled what was said through the prophets, that he would be called a Nazarene.**

I bet you Joseph didn’t fill out the proper paper work.

It wasn’t required. The ancient nations did not secure their borders from immigrants or have immigration laws and systems like modern nations do. And Joseph was commanded by God to go into Egypt.

I wonder, did the Holy Family go on the dole upon arriving in Egypt, or did St. Joseph find some work to support his family?

But really, just how many illegal immigrants are YOU prepared to support personally? Why don’t you just take in one family of four, that’s all, just one family.They’ll be yours to feed, clothe, and send to college. They’ll be your responsibility for the next 30 years. But no, you’ll never do it because like every good liberal you want to make others pay for the things you want done.

Do illegal immigrant families go on the dole on arriving in the US, or do they (sometimes even kids included) find some work to support their families?

Too many of them go on the dole. Some do both.

Nacho45, I bet you tried to join the BP but failed either the entry exam or failed the BP academy, not anybody can do it! I can tell you first

Quote from Nacho45:

“I have met a lot and they are a fantastic group of people who are verbally assaulted by Americans and physically assaulted by people entering illegally, all the time. I wish them the best, but I can’t understand why anyone would want to work at a dam with ten thousand leaks and only ten fingers to plug the holes, knowing no one is going to help.”

Well, I can’t understand why anyone would want to be a follower of Jesus, the world is a dam with ten thousand leaks and only ten fingers to plug holes!"

Seriously? I read all this comments and wonder if I’m in a Catholic forum. Yes, there are criminals among those people that come illegally into the United States, but the majority of the people that come illegally are here looking for a better future and not all of them come to get a free ride!

And FYI, I’m not saying that it’s okay for them to come to the USA illegally, but I understand their needs and I sometimes I picture myself in such a situation and I would do the same if I had to, to provide for my family.

Adonia, you blame this on Obama, and I bet that when Bush was president, you blamed it on him and on and on and on. And about college, maybe that’s what we need, every time I go to a doctor, in the USA, it’s a foreign doctor because we Americans are becoming too lazy and blame everyone but don’t do nothing for ourselves. Maybe a foreigner will take advantage of the resources available and go to school and do something for us with his acquired education! And yes Adonia, I am feeding some of these people and sending them to college with my tax dollars. Its only June and I’ve already paid over $9,000 in Federal Taxes! But I’m not complaining, I thank God that I have a job that pays me good enough that the government has to take so much money from my paycheck.

God sometimes makes decisions for us that sometimes we can’t understand but God knows why he does what he does.

I pray for all of you and hope that you never run into a tough situation in life. Where’s the compassion and love to our neighbors? GOD HAVE MERCY.

You don’t “get on the dole” without showing proof of citizenship.

They don’t need me to support them.They are, in most cases, working harder to provide for their families than most of us do.

Uh-huh. Now that this comment mentions it, how hard is it to get a fake ID?

They don’t take the chance.

I normally read an entire post, especially prior to responding, but in your case since you opened with such a completely witless and clueless statement, I made an exception. I emphatically encourage you to make every attempt to reply to posts without the clumsy attempts of ad hominem, if you think you are able and up to the task. It makes for better dialogue. :tsktsk:

So I guess $9000.00 in taxes isn’t enough for you, eh? Well keep working because the Feds will keep taking. Personally, I am getting tired of all the lawlessness, from both this administration and the illegal immigrants. We have a right to control our borders, and a right to keep more of our own money. My conscience is clear as to my charitable giving, but the government taking MY money to give to THEIR favorite group is getting a bit too much.

The fact is, we cannot let everyone in. Our own citizens are underemployed yet you want to allow millions of low skilled workers into the country. Where will they all work?

You don’t even need a fake ID. For instance, anyone can show up at any hospital and they will be treated. And when they don’t have any money or any health insurance guess who pays?

Why give Obama all the credit when George Bush was certainly just as adamant about bringing them into the country as anyone else? And Lindsay Graham, the Republican, called Americans bigots and xenophobes when the push for amnesty was halted in the senate by a grassroots movement a few years ago. It is the will of the government (not the people, as polls clearly show Americans wish for the law of the land to be honored.) Sadly a representative type of government seems to be over for us now, and the global movement, not just here, but in other areas of the world, which advocates sovereign nations be stripped of their power is in full force as an ungodly ideology, MUCH bigger than Obama, gains ground.

Adonia, I understand your point about jobs but, I live in a border town and I see first hand that your statement is wrong. Every year, when harvesting season begins (lettuce, broccoli, etc.), I see hundreds of Mexican citizens, with Visas (H2A visas) granted to them because… there are no workers in the U.S.A. A lot of Mexican nationals also get the H2B visas to do lawn maintenance.

But, you drive by the unemployment office, and it’s packed with young U.S. citizens looking for unemployment benefits. If the government wants to really do something about immigration, then they have to stop making people lazy. I’ve seen young people paying with food stamps and then in the parking lot they get into better cars then what I have. There are people who need government assistance but then there are those who take advantage and make the people who really need it look bad.

It’s a tough job for our policymakers, that is why we have to pray so that God gives them wisdom to do their jobs better.

Helping to dispel the myth:

renewamerica.com/columns/huntwork/060618

Yes they can-and their children will be educated. But they are working and paying taxes, buying ,groceries, paying rent-in short they are contributing to the local economy just like everyone else who works in the locale does. They are a plus to our economy. Do you have any idea what a blow it would be if we suddenly yanked 11 million people out of the economy.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.