Overwhelmed by it all

Today I am having feelings of overwhelming proportions. I found out from the attorney that we have no recourse to have extended time to move or sell our mobile home - except to request an extension from the very people who stand to profit if we forfeit on our inheritance. My Dad, whom I have requested prayers for, has reached a plateau on his recovery. Physically he is better, but mentally he has almost shut down. About two weeks ago we thought he was going to begin the recovery process - now he just lies in his hospital bed listlessly staring at the ceiling - will barely attempt to work with the physical therapists to regain his strength. Also, we may be getting evicted from my mother-in-law’s house we moved into when attempting to sell our mobile home - which as I previously mentioned we will probably end up forfeiting.

My problem is my spiritual well is dry. My faith has all but deserted me. My prayers are forced and non-emotional. I can not see a point in attempting to fight anymore. My marriage is suffering greatly from my apathy and disassociation. I don’t know what lesson God is trying to teach me, but I don’t know if I want to know the answer! My reserves are almost gone, I don’t know if I can make it through the desert this time or not. The stress of it all is damaging my physical and spiritual health - I feel completely empty and alone.

Sorry, for sounding so miserable. I just don’t know what to do - so I thought maybe getting this “out there and off my chest” would help. No need to respond.

:console: Hope you smile soon, and mean it.

Just keep praying even though it seems to be falling on deaf ears. It’s not. And don’t try to guess what God wants from you, just take it one day at a time.:slight_smile: God knows your pain. Try and accept as much of it as you can and offer it up to Jesus on His cross. Even if you don’t fee like doing it, just offer it up.

Will pray for you and your family. :heaven:

God Bless,
Snert

Pray your rosary quietly every day, whether you feel like it or not. If that’s the most you can get out of yourself in prayer, it’s enough. Don’t worry about concentrating on the mysteries or anything profound. Around my childhood home, mom always held court in the kitchen and all the bad stuff went to the kitchen table with her and she would drag it all out of you before she was done. Well, the rosary is the Holy Mother’s kitchen table. Let your mind go where it will as you pray and know that the Holy Mother is listening and will talk to you in your heart.

Then take a deep breath and realize tomorrow will come. Nothing lasts forever, not even the bad things. In the quiet of the outside world watch the birds and try to understand the simplicity of their world and it’s oneness with God. Pray with them the scripture, “God let me rest under your wings until harm passes by.” Or pray with Thomas a Kempis, “Help me Lord and I will not fear no matter how much soever or by whom soever I may be oppressed.”

See, many have been where you are and it is for these times that your faith has been waiting.

I’m so sorry to hear about your problems. They do sound pretty overwhelming. I’ll keep you in my prayers.

Here’s what helps me when I feel like this:

A) pray for sinners. God ALWAYS hears and answers this prayer. If you do this, then you’ll go to bed knowing that you are integral part of his kingdom; you’ve done something to help others.

B) pray a Divine Mercy Chaplet and ask Him for the strength to love and trust Him.

Keep going!

Kristina,

It sounds horrible and overwhelming! You are in my prayers!!

When I get overwhelmed, I think of the Horrible Passion and Death that Jesus went through for me because He loved me so much!

Without Faith it can seem so overwhelming at times!

We know that the whole creation has been groaning in travail together until now;…Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with sighs too deep for words. And he who searches the hearts of men knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. We know that in everything God works for good with those who love him, who are called according to his purpose.” (Rom 8:22, 26-28)

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

Mark

Thanks for your encouragement everyone! Just found out they are not going to buy the house, so have an extremely short time to move the house. Guess God spoke, just don’t know what to do with the message. In this economy, don’t know how we will possibly move the house trailer! I will just have to dig deep for the last dregs of FAITH!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.