Overwhelmed mother/grandmother

I wish to ask your prayers for a dear old woman who is considered to be like a MIL to me. She is a woman who has had 8 boys and two are adopted. She raised them all up Catholic and is a holy woman today. One of her sons became a priest and died in a car accident while bringing Holy Communion to the sick. He survived the accident for a short time for he walked out of his car in the snow and consumed the Host and died. Of the rest of her 7 boys, there are only two practicing Catholic. One is a fallen away Catholic and an alcoholic. Three of the boys or now men are no religion and one is of the Bahia religion. She called last night overwhelmed and crying. She doesn’t know where she and her husband went wrong. I tried telling her that we raise our children in our Faith, but when they become adults, they choose their own path. She is so concerned for two of her boys the most. One is having marital problems and is separated and the wife moved taking the grandkids to another state. Her heart aches to see the grandkids and see that marriage work. The other son worrying her so much is the alcoholic who is in denial of his problem. She called him last night and his speech was so slurred she could not understand him. He was totally drunk and admitted it this morning.

Please keep this woman who makes many Holy Hours and was one of the founders of starting a 24 hour Holy Hour at her church. She is feeling overwhelmed. I think she could use some extra prayers from us. Thanks so much and God bless you. Her first name is Virginia.

Praying for Virginia, entrusting her and her burdens to the Lord who is kept company by her.

she is in my prayer

Please tell Virginia not to lose hope. Her holy priest son is interceding with her until the last instants of her loved ones’ lives…and even if only then, they will give themselves into God’s merciful love and forgiveness.

“Stop your crying and wipe away your tears. All that you have done for your children will not go unrewarded; they will return from the enemy’s land. There is hope for your future; your children will come back home. I, the Lord, have spoken.” [Jeremiah 31:16-17]

"Relent, Lord God! How much longer do we have? Take pity on your servants. Let us wake in the morning filled with Your love, and sing and be happy all our days. Make our future as happy as our past was sad…Let your servants see what You can do for them, let their children see your glory. May the sweetness of the Lord be on us! Make all we do succeed.”

“All the works of the Lord are good, and He will supply every want in due time. You must not say, ’This is worse than that’, for everything will prove its value in its time. So now, sing with all your heart and voice, and bless the name of the Lord!” [Ecclesiasticus 39:33-35]

With love and prayer, Trishie

Praying
grandma glor

+JMJTJ+

Virginia will be in my prayers.

Virginia is in my prayers.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women and
Blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God
Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour
of our death.
Amen

Praying.

God bless,
Ut

Praying for Virginia and her family.:crossrc:

God bless

Re: Overwhelmed mother/grandmother

Your good friend and her sons are in my prayers and devotions today!

God Bless You!

Paul

Thank you all for your prayers. I will let her know of your kindness. Trishie, thanks so much for the Bible quotes and I believe that the Lord wants her to hear your words and the quotes you gave. I will give them to her and know that they will comfort her. Thanks so much.

Praying for Virginia…

Through the intercession of St. Monica, I will keep her sons in my prayers, and I will pray for Virginia also, I will ask the Blessed Mother to send angels to comfort her.
Tell her about St. Monica too, she prayed for years and years for her son.
Once St. Monica was so overwhelmed that she went to a very Holy Bishop and asked him what more she could do for her son, and that Bishop told her not to worry, that the mother of so many tears would surely not go unrewarded. St. Monica’s son is St. Agustine. (all her prayers and tears indeed had an effect on his life.)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.