Owner of last abortion clinic in Mississippi: ‘I feel like God wants me to do this job’

lifesitenews.com/news/abortion-facility-owner-i-feel-like-god-wants-me-to-do-this-job

The owner of the last abortion facility in Mississippi has said she feels enabling abortions is a divine calling.

“I feel like God wants me to do this job,” Diane Derzis told the Associated Press.Pointing to Rev. Flip Benham and other protesters from Operation Save America, she said “If they think they’re going to make me feel badly about what I do…not gonna happen.”

Derzis also expressed no remorse for the abortion she had at age 20, when her child was at 12 weeks development.

“I thank God every day I had that abortion,” she said. She said the abortionist was not pleasant toward her, but she “ had a safe abortion, and that’s what counts.”

which “god”? My guess is Moloch. Not the Judeo-Christian God cause he FROWNS on ABORTION!

Sounds like a politician who said abortion rights are “sacred grounds to me.” :confused::frowning:

“I feel like God wants me to do this job,” Diane Derzis told the Associated Press

WRONG!!!

Which God is she referring to exactly? The God I worship thinks all life is sacred, so she must be referring to another God. :shrug:

I forgot to add she is Catholic. :shrug:

Ouch.

It’s times like this I wish the Didache had made it into the Bible. It explicitly condemns abortions.

Yes but which God? Certainly not ours.

It’s the false god of “choice”. It’s today’s golden calf. I believe that the last part of the following scripture verse is a prophecy about today’s scourge of abortion.

“But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of stress. For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, inhuman, implacable, slanderers, profligates, fierce, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, holding the form of religion but denying the power of it. Avoid such people. For among them are those who make their way into households and capture weak women, burdened with sins and swayed by various impulses, who will listen to anybody and can never arrive at a knowledge of the truth.” - 2 Timothy 3:1-7

“The coming of the lawless one by the activity of Satan will be with all power and with pretended signs and wonders, and with all wicked deception for those who are to perish, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. Therefore God sends upon them a strong delusion, to make them believe what is false, so that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.” - 2 Thessalonian 2:9-12

Abortion is a sin that cries to Heaven for justice. But, God will forgive even a sin as ugly as this if only there is repentance.

Less feeling, more thinking.

I don’t doubt Cthulhu does, lady.

Of course. All the best renegade, heretic, ignorant abortion worshippers are.

I know…Sad, isn’t it?

Just keep on remembering those doctors and nurses who have had great divine interventions who have turned away from abortions and seek redemption by speaking out against abortion. Where is the truth here? Either this clinic owner’s “feelings” are real and from God, or these reformed abortionists who are now pro-life are hearing from God.

This person is so very wrong if they think that God wants them to have that job. Satan has deceived them into thinking God wants them to have and do that job. It is Satan that wants them to do the job, not God!

This statement reminds me of the movie Seven in which the serial killer at the end justifies his killings by stating something very similar, among the lines that his brutal killings were OK because he was doing justice in the name of God. I guess her God is the same God as the God of the serial killer in Seven.

This lady reminds me of the insurance commercial.

Humans.

Logic can go pretty quick when buried in ourselves.

Sounds like she needs some silence in her life to make room for God to speak.

Baal

I pray for this woman to see the error of her thinking and her actions.

this is very sad.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.