Ozzy Osbourne Finds Musical Muse in Canada ‘Mercy-Killing’

Ozzy Osbourne Finds Musical Muse in Canada ‘Mercy-Killing’

TODAY'S HEADLINES | SEND NEWS TIPS | DONATE
SHARE: E-MAIL PRINT

By Peter J. Smith

TORONTO, May 28, 2010 (LifeSiteNews.com) – British heavy-metal rocker Ozzy Osbourne’s musical muse has derived new inspiration from Robert Latimer, a Canadian found guilty of the murder of his disabled daughter, which will feature prominently in a new album entitled “Scream.”

The song, “Latimer’s Mercy,” will feature alongside such death-delighting tracks as “Let it Die” and “Let Me Hear You Scream and Crucify.”

According to CanWest News Service, Osbourne wanted to describe what he thought must have gone through Latimer’s mind in 1993 as Latimer poisoned to death his daughter, 13-year-old Tracy, who had cerebral palsy, in a garage filled with carbon monoxide from a running car engine. Latimer was convicted of murder in 1994 and again in 1997, but only served seven years of a ten year sentence.

"To put your child to death is a big decision. I'm not one to go, 'You're wrong, you shouldn't do that,' or 'You did the right thing,'" Osbourne told a CanWest reporter during a news conference.

"I'm in the middle of the road,” he added. “I question myself, thinking 'How would I deal with that?' It's a very big decision to make."

lifesitenews.com/ldn/2010/may/10052806.html

I have no comment to make.Too shocked.:eek:

What a moral Tom Thumb.

Says it all.

All you can do is pray...

Look at Alice Cooper, the inspiration for all these folk (though his music was always more centered on the attitude and shock itself). He's now a Christian, and looks back on his heyday as fun, but has actually grown up and is a much more mature individual...I would hope Ozzy would at least grow up in SOME WAY after over 40 years in the game...

[quote="DeaconsSon87, post:4, topic:200044"]
All you can do is pray...

Look at Alice Cooper, the inspiration for all these folk (though his music was always more centered on the attitude and shock itself). He's now a Christian, and looks back on his heyday as fun, but has actually grown up and is a much more mature individual...I would hope Ozzy would at least grow up in SOME WAY after over 40 years in the game...

[/quote]

Please pray for Mr.Latimer as well who murdered his daughter and is championing the Euthanasia cause.He gassed his helpless handicapped child out of grief and misguided love,in a pickup truck with a hose attached to the tailpipe and ran it in to the cab.

Robert Latimer should be spending the rest of his bloody life in jail.

I agree but you have a certain segment of the Canadian population(the Usual Suspects)who portray him as a martyr as he does himself.He should not be allowed to speak at these euthanasia events as I believe it is a condition of his parole and as he is a convicted murderer in your and my country,he is to be considered on "lifetime"parole.

[quote="Soutane, post:7, topic:200044"]
I agree but you have a certain segment of the Canadian population(the Usual Suspects)who portray him as a martyr as he does himself.He should not be allowed to speak at these euthanasia events as I believe it is a condition of his parole and as he is a convicted murderer in your and my country,he is to be considered on "lifetime"parole.

[/quote]

I hope so. He's never even expressed remorse for what he did, so I have no idea how he managed to get parole in the first place.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.