P.E.T.A. wants human breast milk ice cream

Seriously am I so out of touch with the world that I am constantly amazed by the demands of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA)? Or, is it as I suspect, that PETA is really insane?

Ben & Jerry did not come up with this idea. And secondly it is very doubtful that they are giving it any real consideration. However, PETA is writing letters suggesting it. I presume that Pamela Anderson will be the one tapped for the milking duty?

Seriously, would anyone buy this stuff and/or would women allow themselves to be commercially milked for ice cream?

associatedcontent.com/article/1059433/peta_asks_for_breast_milk_in_icecream.html

[INDENT]PETA Asks for Breast Milk in Ice cream

A local NBC station in Vermont reported on September 23 that PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) wrote a letter to Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield, the cofounders of Ben and Jerry’s Homemade, Inc., asking them to consider using human breast mild in their ice cream. This request follows the announcement that a Swiss restaurant was creating a menu that used up to 75% human breast milk in their recipes. PETA brings to light the health problems that cow’s milk is associated with–diabetes, obesity, and allergies, to name a few. They also bring to light the harsh treatment of dairy cows.

However, they do not suggest a way for Ben and Jerry’s to get enough human breast milk to even have one flavor of ice cream that would use breast milk. It is hard to imagine women being milked for consumption other than their own child’s. While women sell their breast mild to be used by the Swiss restaurant, extending that to a large scale endeavor is quite a different matter.

[/INDENT]

Just another PETA stunt to get themselves in the news. It worked.

Diabetes and obesity are associated with cows milk? You might as well say they are associated with food.

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

:hypno: :whacky:

It seems unlikely that food safety laws and regulations will be modified to accommodate commercial use of human food products.

would women allow themselves to be commercially milked for ice cream?

People will do anything for the right price.

Now isn’t that a very sadly true statement :frowning:

I would change that to some people, other than that I agree.

I don’t see how they would get all that milk… most lactating women use the milk for their babies (in my limited knowledge of whats involved in raising babies). Wouldn’t it mean taking the baby’s milk and selling it for profit? Kind of unethical?

:whacky:

Lactation can be continued long after it’s required for the baby.

Maybe we would hire women from 3rd world countries to become ‘livestock’ and milk them long after their babies no longer need the milk. PETA might even be for letting the babies die and then milking the mothers.:eek: :tsktsk: :banghead:

P.E.T.A. is a radical, anarchist organization. It published a comic book not long ago that tried to upset children by telling them their fathers were addicted to killing animals. The cover showed a man with a crazed look on his face gutting a fish. People for the Eternal Triumph of Anarchy.

Sad.

Peace,
Ed

When you think about it you could apply the same logic really to taking a cows milk. Since it is not meant for us it is for their babies. That being said yet another stupid thing said by PETA…seriously I think they do far more to turn people off to animal welfare/rights then they do to turn people on to it.

Actually, Peta is against other people killing animals.

petakillsanimals.com/petasdirtysecret.cfm

I decided to take a look at PETA’s website once (they seem to love Vegans…) just to see what they’re like. If lab-created food becomes a big thing, I wouldn’t be surprised if they say something like, “Crops are hurting animals because forests must be cleared for farming! Eat synthetically processed foods!”. :shrug:

Anyway, I read the article and it just seems disgusting (especially if there’s an industry made out of it :eek: ).

I wonder how PETA expects to find enough women to milk. This is mind-boggling…

PETA is a nothing of an organization. Nobody takes it seriously anymore; it’s like the Westboro Baptist Church. Best to ignore it except to make fun of it.

Maybe the PETA folks read “Rules for Radicals” by Saul Alinsky.

Consuming ice cream that is made of human milk is just nasty to me, but I have to say that there is a special place in HELL for people that abuse animals (or ignore it).

PETA would probably suggest using the babies for food instead of veal. Unlike Swift, they’d really mean it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.