Packers QB Favre to retire

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :crying:

sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/03/04/favre.retire.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

Three-time MVP calling it quits following 17 seasons

Posted: Tuesday March 4, 2008 9:52AM; Updated: Tuesday March 4, 2008 10:29AM

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) – Brett Favre has decided to retire from the NFL after 17 seasons.

FOX Sports first reported Tuesday that the Green Bay Packers quarterback informed the team in the last few days. ESPN.com said that according to Favre’s agent the quarterback told coach Mike McCarthy of his decision.

The team did not immediately confirm or deny the report. An assistant to Packers general manager Ted Thompson said he was in meetings all day but would release a statement later Tuesday morning.

Brett Favre is a great quarterback, but he should have retire a few years ago.

:crying: :crying: :crying:

Eh…isn’t it about time??

The one thing that I wish about Brett FAVRE is that he would properly pronounce his own name.:rolleyes:

It’s like loosing a grandpa. Having grown up watching Brett Favre… his first game as a Packer was the year my dad said “Let’s watch the Packers on Sunday” … 17 years later, my dad and I talked about Brett on Sundays.

What a career, what a ton of memories, how lucky we’ve been to watch a person, a good person, suceed in a world of cheaters, go through issues in his own life (wife’s cancer, father’s death etc) …

I think we all can look at him and feel that a regular guy, played an extradinary… and we got to see that.

A great example of a Catholic athlete, sad to see him retire, really wish he could have got that second super bowl ring. but not all things are ment to be.

As and old time Chicago Bear fan, I’m not toooo sorry to see him finally retire. He has been a thorn in our sides for years. But I don’t think I’ve seen any better quarterback play in my lifetime, and I go back to Johnny Unitas. Have a good retirement Brett and God Bless you and your family. It’s been enjoyable watching you.

I don’t know if it’s too late to have hope, but it sounds like he hasn’t showed up yet for his 11:00 press conference…

:o

Boy, was I mistaken! WOW!

Uh… wow. Did you see last season? He almost made it the Super Bowl again!

As for Brett Fah-vruh (to quote Saturday Night Live), the NFL has suffered a great loss, and I will miss him on the field. He was a great talent, and one of the few really classy players in any professional sport. PacMan Jones and Michael Vick aren’t fit to shine his shoes much less play in his league. Goodbye, Brett… the only man I ever knew as Packers quarterback.

I think it’s too bad Favre is retiring. Didn’t he start as back up for Bart Starr? (seems like it anyway)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.