Padre Pio - exemplary Catholic for us today

Hi,
I would like to start a thread on St. Padre Pio. He is such an important role model for all Catholics, religious as well as laity. He led such an intense life of prayer and was 100 percent loyal to the Church, even when the Vatican gave him a hard time. I have a lot of info on Padre Pio available on my Pio web site, www.sanpadrepio.com

Frank

[quote=frankrega]Hi,
I would like to start a thread on St. Padre Pio. He is such an important role model for all Catholics, religious as well as laity. He led such an intense life of prayer and was 100 percent loyal to the Church, even when the Vatican gave him a hard time. I have a lot of info on Padre Pio available on my Pio web site, www.sanpadrepio.com

Frank
[/quote]

Dear Friend

Thank you so much for providing this link to your site. I enjoyed it very much and think I have come across your site previously whilst searching the net for Padre Pio (I wonder what St Pio would think of that, people searching the net for him??:slight_smile: )

Congratulations on the publication of your book. It is really an honour to have you on the CA forums and I hope to learn alot from you.

St Padre Pio is one of my greatest inspirations. I pray to him daily well many times throughout the day. What inspires me about him the most is his fearless striving in Christ Jesus despite all of the temptations and sufferings from satan. This has been a great inspiration to me to call upon the Lord and to be fearless myself against the attacks of satan.

I also admire his suffering as the crucified Saint, I think whilst he was alive was a truly living example of what the world will go through. I firmly believe that the world is now suffering it’s Passion and Crucifixion manifest in the earth itself and in humanity.

St Padre Pio was blessed with so many gifts from our Lord to lead souls to God that no single book will contain all about him, I do hope you write another.

Thank you so much

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.