Padre Pio

Padre Pio has been very dear to me but in my current situation I am questioning everything!

Is there any possibility / doubt that he is not who we think he is? Has anyone found anything that he said or did that was contrary to God / Jesus?

P.S. Are his spiritual writings on-line somewhere?

Sorry if this is a hard question(s).

Lots of love,
Terry

Hi Terry,

It might help if you could explain what you mean by “questioning” in this situation. Is there a particular reason that you’ve got this concern about St Pio? Something you’ve read, something you were told, etc…Is there a specific context for your question?

I felt very close to Padre Pio at one time and I guess I am looking for assurance of our faith outside the Bible etc. I know that Padre Pio battled and contended with so much and has been my role model and I would like to lean on my faith (small “f”) in him again to maybe help me out of this present darkness.

Lots of love,
Terry

i have a feeling that Padre Pio would tell you to put your faith in God. There would be no harm asking him to pray for you and with you if you feel close to him.–nicolo

[quote=TerryPaul]I felt very close to Padre Pio at one time and I guess I am looking for assurance of our faith outside the Bible etc. I know that Padre Pio battled and contended with so much and has been my role model and I would like to lean on my faith (small “f”) in him again to maybe help me out of this present darkness.

Lots of love,
Terry
[/quote]

Try this prayer. It is by John Paul II to Saint (Padre) Pio.

Teach us humility, we pray, so that we may be among the humble to which the Father in the Gospel promised to reveal the mysteries of His Kingdom.

Teach us the look of faith that will help us recognise the face of Jesus himself in the poor and the suffering.

Support us in our hours of trouble and trials and should we fall, help us feel the joy of the Sacrament of forgiveness.

Teach us tender devotion towards Mary, Mother of Christ and our mother. Accompany us on our earthly pilgrimage towards the blessed homeland where we, too, hope to arrive to contemplate eternally the glory of of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Amen.

That is one of the prayers I say every morning. I too feel close to Padre Pio.

[quote=TerryPaul]I felt very close to Padre Pio at one time and I guess I am looking for assurance of our faith outside the Bible etc. I know that Padre Pio battled and contended with so much and has been my role model and I would like to lean on my faith (small “f”) in him again to maybe help me out of this present darkness.

Lots of love,
Terry
[/quote]

Hang in there, Terry. The only thing that I’d add to what the others have said is to remember what St Pio said: pray, hope, don’t worry. Sometimes it’s easier said than done, I know, but that’s an approach that has helped me in times of darkness, and one of the reasons that I, too, feel close to St (Padre) Pio.

every aspect of his life, teaching, preaching, writing, words and actions was investigated thoroughly during the process leading to his canonization as a recognized saint of the Catholic Church. So you need have no fear in praying to him as such. His spirituality does not attract everyone, but it does resonate with many people. His holiness no one can doubt because the Church has spoken.

The Church has spoken. Padre Pio is a saint. That means he led a holy life in full compliance with Church teaching. To affirm the holiness of Padre Pio is to affirm the supreme spiritual authority of the Church.

padrepio.com/index.html

I love St. Padre Pio–I’m so blessed to have such a special friend in Heaven. I always ask him to pray for me.

You must never give up. Something good always comes out of something bad and I know God doesn’t give us more than we can handle.

Fr. Apostoli has a series on St. Pio on ewtn.com. You can download it and listen at your leisure. Just go to the audio library and search the index.

[quote=JMJ Theresa]Fr. Apostoli has a series on St. Pio on ewtn.com. You can download it and listen at your leisure. Just go to the audio library and search the index.
[/quote]

Just listened to the first part of the series, thanks for the tip!

Here’s the link, for everyone:

ewtn.com/vondemand/audio/seriessearchprog.asp?seriesID=6100&T1=Padre+Pio

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.