Pakistan Easter Sunday bombing kills 69!

bbc.com/news/world-asia-35908512

Pray for these people!

Can’t they just leave us alone for one day? This really truly angers me. We need to do something about this! We need to stop Islam. No matter what people say, Islam is a dangerous religion. Sure, all religions have a few loonies in them that can be violent. But obviously being violent is apart of mainstream Islam. Time and time again, with almost no fail, most terrorist attacks are by Muslims. I am angered and saddened. Generally, I advocate pacifism. Turning the other cheek that is. Generally, I wouldn’t advocate for fighting back. But when it gets to this point, we HAVE to fight!

Praying for the deceased & injured.

Eternal father we offer you the body and blood , soul and divinity of your beloved Son , Our lord Jesus Christ … In atonement for our sins and for those of the whole world

How exactly does one ‘stop’ a major world faith? No doubt a good percentage of those hurt were likely to be also Muslims.

That becomes a slippery slop you’re on …Are you trying to imply that we should be engaging in :Just war: as laid out in the CCC ?

Exactly , 2309 CCC "**the use of arms must not produce evils and disorders graver than the evil to be eliminated. The power of modem means of destruction weighs very heavily in evaluating this condition.|
** I would not expect you’d be able to make an argument that going to war with terrorists would produce less evil since terrorists , of course don’t follow the norms of war

I think another thread is going about this. maybe they can be combined.

Sr.Lucia, one of the Fatima seers says there is no problem that cannot be solved by the power of Rosary. I sincerely wish if all the parishes in the world start praying 1 decade of rosary after every mass for world peace. A just war will also cause some casualities for innocent people.

Amen.

American action seems more dangerous.

[INDENT]“Undisputed UN figures show that 1.7 million Iraqi civilians died due to the West’s brutal sanctions regime, half of whom were children.
The mass death was seemingly intended. Among items banned by the UN sanctions were chemicals and equipment essential for Iraq’s national water treatment system. A secret US Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) document discovered by Professor Thomas Nagy of the School of Business at George Washington University amounted, he said, to ‘an early blueprint for genocide against the people of Iraq.’”
Similar figures for Afghanistan, he reports, could bring totals to four million or more.
As Ahmed points out in his article, the majority of those killed in these wars and those suffering most from these wars, statistically speaking, were Muslim — a stark contrast to the common view that radical Muslim terrorists are the deadliest group in the Middle East. Rather, it would seem the American military are the worst killers, and the death toll resembles religious genocide. In 2009, Stephen M. Walt, a professor of international relations at Harvard, wrote in Foreign Policy:
“How many Muslims has the United States killed in the past thirty years, and how many Americans have been killed by Muslims? Coming up with a precise answer to this question is probably impossible, but it is also not necessary, because the rough numbers are so clearly lopsided.”
Or, as Ben Affleck famously quipped to Bill Maher last year: “We’ve killed more Muslims than they’ve killed us by an awful lot.”
globalresearch.ca/global-war-on-terror-has-killed-4-million-muslims-or-more-do-the-math/5467349

[/INDENT]

The Jihad has as its intent the complete destruction of all who refuse to capitulate to an imposition of Islam upon them; all non-Muslim defense tactics have as their primary goal is, quite frankly, survival.

Any attempt to equate the resulting consequences of these two dichotomized groups is intellectually insulting, and morally offensive.

Why would any christian person be in support of using violence to ‘stop’ a certain group, even if its for the greater good?

Usually mainstream christians do not approve of using violence in these cases, just like violence against abortion providers is not supported…??

How can you be against violence in one case, but for it in another?

I have not heard any updates on this tragic event. Do they think they will find whomever did this evil act? Has the death toll risen or is it still 69? Continued prayers being offered for the dead and injured and survivors and their families.

My friend the Pakistani terrorists killed Muslims and Christians in the attack, all lives are precious. I am angry at the terrorists as well, and I stand united with all good people of the world against terrorism and bigotry. I blame some of the media outlets for spinning these terror attacks into debates about religion, its not right what some folks in the media do because today so many Christians and Muslims are teaming up to fight ISIL

Hello Phantom87,

The Catholic Church has always been against bigotry toward any human based on so called race or religious beliefs. People otoh are a different story, religion does not hurt people, but people hurt people. That has really alawys been the case just like it is with guns, and other devices even fast food…you dont have to eat fast food but some people eat so much fast food that it causes health problems. People also dont have to be terrorists but some people choose to be terrorists.

During the Crusades our Saint Francis of Assisi meant with the Sultan of Egypt…Saint Francis being the remarkably nice man that he was…was able to get the Muslims to peacefully cede Jerusalem back to the Christians. We saw Just war in WW2, when Muslims and Christians teamed up to fight ISIL. We have seen throughout the middle ages Muslims and Christians joining forces to fight a common enemy. The enemy of Christians has never been Islam, it cant be because of how Muhammad made treaties and viewed Christians as full equals to Muslims. Historically speaking, there has never been a time when it was Islam vs the world or Christianity vs the world.

You talk about Just war, well could you imagine my friend if someone in the media labeled the KKK terrorists as followers of Just war or holy war? I blame some of the media in part for why a few folks have negative views of Islam. During the rise of the KKK, media outlets rarely if ever talked about how radical Christians were the problem…well today a few folks in the media are using words like Jihad, or Islamic to describe terrorist groups like ISIL…this creates a negative image of Islam in the minds of some folks who might not know Muslims in real life…or only know about Muslims from a media outlet which claims that ISIL is Islamic while not providing coverage to the Muslims who team up with Christians to take Jihad to ISIL.

It does seem though that more and more people are seeing ISIL, Taliban, Boko Haram for what they are…terrorist groups that go against religion.

I read they gathered up 5000 people. hopefully they will find out who is responsible.

I am not sure you are in a position to pass judgement on a billion Muslims.

all non-Muslim defense tactics have as their primary goal is, quite frankly, survival.

Dropping twenty three thousand bombs on Islamic countries last year, seems to have little to do with survival.

Any attempt to equate the resulting consequences of these two dichotomized groups is intellectually insulting, and morally offensive.

I pray for justice for all people, as a Christian we are commanded to love and pray for our enemies, not bomb them.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.