Pakistani Catholics foster dialogue, fellowship with Muslims

Lahore, Pakistan, Aug 1, 2014 / 08:05 pm (CNA).- Catholics in Pakistan reached out to the local Islamic community in an effort to promote peace between the religious groups in their nation and throughout the Middle East.

catholicnewsagency.com/news/pakistani-catholics-foster-dialogue-fellowship-with-muslims-88856/

There ought to be more dialogue between Muslims and Christians. I believe that it would help to foster peaceful relations between members of the two religions. I also think it might help in bringing Muslims to conversion to Catholicism because they would see that we are truly peaceful people who are interested in their welfare. After all, there are likely a lot of misconceptions about Christians among Muslims. Likewise, I am sure that there are a lot of misconceptions about Islam and Muslims among Christians. Dialogue ought to be engaged in so that way we can dispel these misconceptions.

All the best to them, I say. I am always open to someone of integrity that can respect each other’s religious beliefs, whilst understanding the differences and discussing them openly in friendship. Are they dealing with the same sect that is painting the houses of Christians with paint, or killing and expelling all Christians from Mosel? All the best to them, I say.

Pope Benedict XVI described dialogue as “communication across differences” and Pope Francis tells never to be afraid to dialogue in good faith.

Holly,you always have good news for us!
Love this one too.
God bless you!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.