Palestinian Muslim desecration of Bible in 2002 Church of Nativity seige

With all the international hoopla and people dying over US interrogators allegedly flushing a Koran at Guantanamo Bay, this happened at the seige of Bethlehem’s Church of the Nativity in 2002 with little notice by the mainstream media.

worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=44324

I hope I am not being too un-ecumenical by posting this, but I feel this is an issue that needs more attention by those in the Church and others.

I just read this earlier today. I didn’t know this had happened during it before and this was a terrible thing, for sure. Worse than this **alleged **Quran-flushing incident.

So anyway, I’ve decided to organize a huge and violent protest because of this…who’s with me?

[quote=Rand Al’Thor]I just read this earlier today. I didn’t know this had happened during it before and this was a terrible thing, for sure. Worse than this **alleged **Quran-flushing incident.

So anyway, I’ve decided to organize a huge and violent protest because of this…who’s with me?
[/quote]

While tragic this is, I must ask for an clarification on a “violent protest”??? Thanks and God Bless.

[quote=Rand Al’Thor]I just read this earlier today. I didn’t know this had happened during it before and this was a terrible thing, for sure. Worse than this **alleged **Quran-flushing incident.

[/quote]

I hope this doesn’t call for the ‘nuclear’ option.:whacky:

Individuals do all sorts of provocative outrageous things all the time, let’s get a handle on the mass hysteria.

[quote=Catholic29]I hope I am not being too un-ecumenical by posting this, but I feel this is an issue that needs more attention by those in the Church and others.
[/quote]

Any particular reason this needs more attention by those in the Church?

[quote=slinky1882]While tragic this is, I must ask for an clarification on a “violent protest”??? Thanks and God Bless.
[/quote]

It was a joke in reference to all the people protesting right now and how we wouldn’t actually do anything like that.

[quote=Digitonomy]Any particular reason this needs more attention by those in the Church?
[/quote]

To balance out what actually happened in the Bethlehem Church in 2002, with what allegedly happened in Guantanamo Bay this year. I hope that clarifies my reasoning.

Actually I think it needs more attention because it because it brings a specific problem into better focus, especially for Americans. We’re all fed this lie that people in the Middle East hate us because of things like this, things we’ve done in the past, things we’re doing in the present etc etc.

At the end of the day, violence defines Islamic influence in this world. From the invention of Islam until the 1600s, the western world has been on the defensive from militant expansionary Muslim forces/empires. The battle of Tours in the 8th century halted their jihad in the Iberian Peninsula in Western Europe, and the jihad in Eastern Europe didn’t begin to get reversed until the 16th/17th century.

They blame us for colonialism. Yet Arab Muslims went from being confined in the Arabian Peninsula to replacing local populations from Mesopotamia to Morocco to the point where they consider themselves “Arab” countries.

They demand an apology for the Crusades, yet are the ones who made it necessary by stealing land from a Christian empire, with the only problem being how Western Christianity behaved during the war and the fact that it took Christianity 400 years to mount a counter offensive against the aggressive party.7

They blame us for the “oppressive” dictatorships they live under. Yet the ones we do not support or control are 100% totalitarian dictatorships, authoritarian, theocratic or some combination of the 3. Freedom does not exist in the Muslim world by any western standard.

They blame us for “aggression” against them, but as long as its not an infidel doing the “aggression”, there is total silence in the Muslim world. When Hafez Al Asad wiped the town of Hama off the map with 10,000 + massacred, where were the protests? The kidnappings? The suicide bombings? “Insurgent activities”?

They say we are warring against Islam and humiliating Muslim “honor” for Abu Graib, “occupation”, and desecrating their “holy” book and as a result riot, kill and destroy property. Yet the only time I hear the word honor relating to the mideast is when its about honor killings. Meanwhile they see a naked pyramid, Muslims on a leash and terrorists sitting in small cells in cuba and they foam at the mouth. When its a Muslim cutting off their hands, throwing them into plastic shredders or “disappearing” regime opponents we hear not a peep.

We SUPPOSEDLY flush a BOOK that they obviously worship in the highest form of Idolatry, and they rampage and want to recruit further suicide bombers. CHRISTIANS OWN A BIBLE AND ARE KILLED FOR IT in Saudi Arabia and Iran, yet Christians in America don’t riot.

The final insult, for this supposed koran flushing incident, clerics in Pakistan and Afghanistan demand the accused stand trial in a muslim court. BUT WHEN 3000 CIVILIANS WERE SLAUGHTERED BY 72 VIRGIN SEEKING MUSLIMS THANKS TO BIN LADEN, THOSE SAME CLERICS SAID A MUSLIM (BIN LADEN) CAN’T BE TRIED IN A WESTERN COUNTRY!

Finally, has anybody stopped to ask would the muslim reaction to this event be okay or understandable if it were true? Oh poor muslims, one of their terrorists in our prisons had to watch PAPER get put in a toilet. Would they prefer the average islamic penalties for people in their position? Those rioters are animals.

Christians need to pay attention to this event because they need to know that no amount of ingratiating ourselves to them will help. They are the oppressors, the aggressors, the invaders and they actually are coming for us. Terrorism started before Israel was founded, before Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Iran, Egypt and Turkey were CREATED OUT OF THIN AIR by Europeans, before any of their alleged grievances, and it will continue.

Now it has been revealed that the Saudis have been shredding Bibles by the hundreds.

cnsnews.com//ViewForeignBureaus.asp?Page=%5CForeignBureaus%5Carchive%5C200505%5CFOR20050519a.html :banghead:

And you can apparently be executed, or at least 70 lashes, by having more than one in your possession. And what Saudi customs agents did to a Catholic nun was just despicable!:mad:

Now I’m not sure which is worse, a Communist or an Islamic system of government?:confused:

[quote=Catholic29]Now it has been revealed that the Saudis have been shredding Bibles by the hundreds.

cnsnews.com//ViewForeignBureaus.asp?Page=%5CForeignBureaus%5Carchive%5C200505%5CFOR20050519a.html :banghead:

And you can apparently be executed, or at least 70 lashes, by having more than one in your possession. And what Saudi customs agents did to a Catholic nun was just despicable!:mad:

Now I’m not sure which is worse, a Communist or an Islamic system of government?:confused:
[/quote]

Not only the Bible. Once the customs officer took my friend`s marriage cassette and erased where the Church, Jesus picture and the priest appeared. Finally they returned the cassette after four hours.

In Christ,
selvaraj

Amen Jaydog. That puts a bit of perspective on the issue.

This brings us to questions: Why we christians, catholics in particular, are generally silent when our bible and prayerbooks are descrated…when our eucharistic host is auctioned and sold at ebay (I only found this out when I came to the forum)? I also wonder why Ms. Rice (I assume she’s christian) had to say we condemn the desecration of koran. Why can’t she not say we also condemn the desecration of our Bible by muslim countries. Why can’t she not say, oh well our Bible is being desecrated too in muslim countries and just simply raise an eyebrow? Will this make us happy had she done that? Are we just too charitable? Or are we scared and cowards? Is there ever a need for an alleged desecration of Koran and muslim riots for us to start our own protests too? Why didn’t we unite ourselves when the siege of the church of nativity in Bethlehem in 2002 happpened? Why is there not much media attention when it comes to ours being desecrated? Is it because we christians, in general, just simply turn our other cheek?Question is WHY?

PAX

[quote=Catholic29]With all the international hoopla and people dying over US interrogators allegedly flushing a Koran at Guantanamo Bay, this happened at the seige of Bethlehem’s Church of the Nativity in 2002 with little notice by the mainstream media.

worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=44324

I hope I am not being too un-ecumenical by posting this, but I feel this is an issue that needs more attention by those in the Church and others.
[/quote]

This is why:

townhall.com/columnists/brentbozell/bb20050520.shtml

[quote=jaydog77]The final insult, for this supposed koran flushing incident, clerics in Pakistan and Afghanistan demand the accused stand trial in a muslim court. BUT WHEN 3000 CIVILIANS WERE SLAUGHTERED BY 72 VIRGIN SEEKING MUSLIMS THANKS TO BIN LADEN, THOSE SAME CLERICS SAID A MUSLIM (BIN LADEN) CAN’T BE TRIED IN A WESTERN COUNTRY!
[/quote]

Tried? Tried for what? Flushing paper down the toilet (even if it did actually happen) is not illegal. It didn’t happen in a Muslim country; it happened on a US military base, which is US TERRITORY. So now we should let some of our citizens be shipped off to a Muslim country for trial where they will not doubt be found guilty and likely executed as a result? Those clerics are unbelievable. Whether or not they realize it, courts do not try someone based on their religion; they try them based on their actions. If someone commits terrorism and murder then they are tried for murder, not for “membership in Islam”.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the clerics. Their problems are much greater than not knowing the concept of justice.

Hi all!

See tinyurl.com/chyy9.

Be well!

ssv :wave:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.