Palm Sunday Mass with Pope Francis - Did Anyone Else Notice This...?

I was watching the Holy Father's celebration of Palm Sunday Mass, and something rather strange occurred during the blessing with holy water.

Watch the following video (youtube.com/watch?v=2e8CyDS9M18) of the Palm Sunday Mass, starting at the 15:40 mark, where the Holy Father blesses the first Cardinal. When he goes to bless the second Cardinal, the Cardinal seems to recoil from the blessing.

This just struck me as odd. Was wondering if anyone else noticed it and what you think was the explanation?

I hadn't seen it but just watched that part now..... couldn't it be that he was just distracted by something we can't see or really get on the screen, and taken a bit off guard?

Looks to me more like he wasn't sure where to stand and got confused for a sec...go left or go right...and the man next to him sort of nudges him which way...

I think he was ready for the procession to begin, for which he was to walk, and he wasn't prepared to have a personal sprinkling of holy water.

Why did the Holy Father touched the cardinals with the Aspergil??

I think that he wanted to put away the "palm bundle" he was holding in his right hand. The gesture of the person standing behind him - he extends his hand towards it and then pulls it back - makes it seem like he was handing (or trying to hand) it to him, but stopped when he noticed the Holy Father was basically in front of him already. :shrug:

[quote="DaddyGirl, post:3, topic:320557"]
Looks to me more like he wasn't sure where to stand and got confused for a sec...go left or go right...and the man next to him sort of nudges him which way...

[/quote]

yeah right, exactly, something like this :)

right exactly something like these things....

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.